DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Unfortunately, apart from the one or two JGTC races I saw on TV in 2003, I just haven't seen any more of them. What a shame because the racing is pretty exciting. That aside, there is something about those cars that still draw me to them. From what I heard, the one exhibition event in at the California Speedway in 2004 was drew quite a decent crowd (~20K ?).

I have DJ Dirk to thank for my wanting to get this car. :tempted It's made by a Japanese company named Ebbro. Price-wise, they are roughly in the same range as Minichamps and Spark Model. But in terms of quality, the Ebbro cars I've bought so far are much better than either of those companies'. If they preserve their QC for workmanship, and broaden out their product line, I think they can gain quite a marketplace.

The paint and body is fabulous on this model. The wheels and tires look very sharp. The corporate sponsorship logos are tampos, not decals.

(click for 800x530 ~120kb)

G

·
Congrats on your latest addition Felix! :cheers

Those Celicas are quite nice, sure hope they will make a test car soon...

It is a shame though that the production Celica is now no longer available in North America...

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Kelvin. I scooped it from Minigrid. This model was out-of-stock so I waited about ~2 months for it. Nothing came up when I searched on eBay for a number of months. The model sure was worth the wait!

·
1039 and counting
339 Posts
Stunning model, and the pics are even better :310 Congrats

·
Registered
275 Posts
Fantastic model!!! It looks really GREAT!
My congrats to you, Felix!

Are you planning to get more Ebbro JGTC models in future?

G

·
I'm happy to have corrupted you Felix :tongue :giggle

and congrats on getting this beauty, this one is defenitly my fav of the 4 Celica's that are available.

I can't wait till the 2005 Celica's come out :happy

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your kind words. In truth, the model looks much better than my photos. I'm not very good at photographing cars with any amont of blue paint on it. I'm still very much in learning mode. All the credit really goes to Ebbro for their fine work.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Thanks Pavel. I think I will not get too many Ebbro JGTC cars. It is interesting that the ones that show up on eBay usually sell off very quickly. For example, it has become very hard to find those Raybrig NSXs.

Do you have any plans yourself for 1/43 JGTC cars?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Felix as always amazing photos :nicejob :nicejob

That is one nice looking toyota I have to say, & yes ebbro do a top job.

I got the chance to pick up an Ebbro 1:24 R34 Nissan skyline road car in blue the other day, very nice I must say, the research they do really pays off in the finished product, but the asking price was $150au so I had to pass, but would love one, seen some go for $80us but postage then :help

I'm still hunting for a good priced JGTC gold NSX in 1:43, that is also a sweet little car, I seen a lot of photos of that from the US race.

:cheers

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Mike for your kind words. :cheers I used sunlight for those shots. My halogen lights just didn't seem to bring the blue paint out enough.

As for the 1:24 scale, do you know how popular it is? Do many manufacturers build models in that scale?

Happy hunting for your gold NSX. I know you've been looking for it for a while now. Do you have a product number? If so, I'll keep my eyes open for it (on your behalf) as well.

That was really good that you found your two Raybrig NSXs when you did. Those ones have become HTF it seems.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I feel they are testing the waters, but they might be doing well in their home country, the ones released are road cars which consist of, in different colors 200GT, NSX, Fairlady, 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS & the R34 Skyline.

Here is a link to the 200GT http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/...x/reviewpix.htm as you see not bad hey.

As for the NSX I dont have the model #, just a slow hunt :giggle & let me know if you ever score one of them Raybrig NSX's as sometimes a good price one turns up this side of the pond & I can let you know.

:cheers

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Splendid looking model Felix. Congratulations. :cheers
The JGTC bodywork adds so much character to the car. With the new redesign, Toyota had completely ruined the character of the Celica. This was an out an out rally car and the new look made it look totally out of character.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hiya Kyle! :cheers Well, my 1:43 collection is growing a little bit at a time. :giggle Thanks for the tempting me to go to Cali in '06. Unfortunately, my wifey has plans for our family (which includes two kids) to go to Disneyworld next Jan. (low season with shorter line-ups :wink) and Hawaii for her cousin's wedding. Dang....I'm going to be in the poorhouse soon. But after that will be my turn to plan our family vacation, with hopes/fantasy to catch an FIA GT or LMES race in Europe somewhere. Maybe a west coast trek to Oregon and California will be in the works to catch the JGTC. But the race is in Nov. isn't it? :confused Races that coincide with my kids' school year jsut won't work.

Did you go see the JGTC event at the Cali Speedway last year?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts