DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
This little car was one that I was not aware existed until I happened upon it on eBay. As I am fascinated with the 1:1 version, I knew it was one I wanted to add to my collection.

Now, Yat Ming has been known in the past to have some really neat subject matter, but questionable quality and details. While this one certainly lacks some refinements, I would say it is an improvement over some other models I have of from them, and am pleased to add it to my collection.

The good
Very nice paint
Better than expected interior (very nice gauges)
Overall fit and finish very nice for a budget
Seems to be very accurate to the 1:1

The bad

Very poor brake rotors (chrome, for goodness sake)
Mounting pegs
Doglegs

The good thing is, none of the "bads" were unexpected, and some of the goods were not! :cheers

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Hey Ric,
They have tons of these at my local Wholesale Club.
Not positive but I think they might have the Pontic Vibe as well.
If I had the need for a smalll wagon I would look reak hard at the Vibe
LMK if you want me to grab one for you.

BTW, Your pics are getting better all the time :cheers

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hey Jeff! Yeah, I have seen pics of the Pontiac Vibe as well. They are both the same cars with different sheet metal (and one is made in Canada while the other in California, I believe).

:cheers

G

·
Congrats I like the Silver! This doesnt look too bad at all on the outside and the interior looks better than I thought. I may have tp pick one up if I see it.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The color is actually a light metallic blue, Jacob. It looks pretty cool. I already decided that is the one I will keeping in the collection. (I just managed to pick up the two for a good deal.) :cheers

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Nice Toyotas Ric. Its about time someone makes the Camry too. For all its bland looks, any car that sells like it has done deserves a model. And I am sure at the right price it would sell like hot cakes. I would surely grab one.

G

·
Thats very nice Ric

The 1:1 of this is virtually unheard of where I live, so I was more than a little perplexed by the Toyota Matrix.
YM have done a good job of the fit and finish of the model. It looks like an expensive Chinese DE. :nicejob

:cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.