DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
It looks very good! What is the story behind this model though? Did it exist in 1:1? A development version perhaps??? :cheers

G

·
:hot

Thorst, why didn't you enter this years custom model of the year?

You certainly have a talent for making sweet customs. :nicejob

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Thorst13 said:
I absolutely love it myself, one of my favorite customs from now on. This is truly an awesome car in black if you ask me.

What do you guys think of it? :feedback
I love the monochrome models, and it is one of the (no offense) easiest ways to make a custom. Me, I have a propensity for primer, but many of the models I try to do customs on are sheet metal-bodied, as opposed to the fibre materials used in this custom, for example.

Keep up the good work. Not sure how many here have ever tried to do a custom, even a re-paint, but to do it right requires hours of time, in both dissassembly, stripping, priming, masking, and painting.

:cheers

And another round for a job well done!

:cheers

G

·
That's the 4th model now that i gave to you in our trade, and i just knew you wouldn't be able to keep yourself from modding them :lol .

This one certainly is a very well done custom job, but if it were me i'd have painted it in red like the road version, although the words "Road Version" arn't strictly true.

G

·
Thorst,

Interesting points you present.

I never put much thought to it, but a custom is a custom whether it be based on 1:1 or fantasy, in my thoughts and mind.

I can see your point as all of the customs from this year were based on 1:1 vehicles.

I would like to think the craftmaship and overall finished product has more to do with the entries than anything else.

We'll certainly see your work next year, I'll see to it :wink :giggle

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Sounds great, I think that people have a tendency to vote for something that's instantly familiar and identifiable when it comes to votes of this kind. It's much easier to give your vote to something you already know of and like, than to something uncommon and unknown.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
No story behind it besides I always wanted a black TS020 and I've added my "13" as well :cheers [/quote]

It really looks good! In fact it looks like the all black TS020 you could buy in Gran Turismo 4 now that I think about it! :cheers

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Thorst, that is a brilliant conversion. The application of the paint is superb. You can really tell with the clean lines of this black car that AUTOart got it so completely right.
I myself would have preferred a red 'road version' as per the real 1:1, but this is absolutely spectacular!
Top job! :nicejob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.