DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
So I don't think I ever shared my collection on DX - figured it was time. I've had half of my collection in boxes while I was living in an apartment so I couldn't appreciate them until now. I think I was up near 500 models....lost count long ago. I've just enjoyed where collecting has taken me. Staked my own spot in the house and said behold let this be my spot. I'm in the process right now of adding new shelves to my detolfs and moving the room around (photos will come), these are about two months old. Anyways here is the beginning.

Detolfs to come. I've taken some single pictures that I'll post at some point soon.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cwchua!

A couple posed shots. I don't have a good light box or lighting....all in time but just happy to share.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Insanity!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Ooh ye does have a exquisite collection so far mate & a nice variety which is always good to see, many favourites of mine in your ranks & can't wait to see what else you tease us with later.....Epicly Stunning, think that about covers my thoughts on them.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
really amazing collections!speechless

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Like i mentioned somewhere before, stunning collection Triggerhappy, especially those red cars with the white stripes

Wondering why 2 Pontiac GTO ('65 or '66 i think, above the white army) aren't amongst their siblings?

What kind of cabinets are those white ones in the first pictures?

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Impressive collection WRX! Like them all but that classic car display is special, thank you for sharing.
Thanks bao. Yeah it's taken me a long time to put the classics together. Still futzing with them but I hope to pull them out and get some pictures soon.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
The wall unit is the ikea gallant wall cabinet. Massive thing, thank god they actually put studs up instead of layering on plaster walls in the basement.
I believe its about 84" wide or so.
Thanks Sam

Are those extra shelfs from Ikea too, or custom made? What are the dimensions of the shelfs, and how much depth behind the sliding doors?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Truly stunning collection on show here Sam mate. Congrats on so many fine models...

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The wall unit is the ikea gallant wall cabinet. Massive thing, thank god they actually put studs up instead of layering on plaster walls in the basement.
I believe its about 84" wide or so.
Thanks Sam

Are those extra shelfs from Ikea too, or custom made? What are the dimensions of the shelfs, and how much depth behind the sliding doors?
[/quote]

Any time buddy. So yes, I added an extra glass shelf to both sides, wasn't hard at all though I would probably suggest doing the modifications before you put the unit up...I did the opposite so it was a hell of a time getting it right.

here is the link to the site - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80206530/

Specs are:
Width: 63 "
Depth: 15 "
Height: 15 3/4 "
Max load/shelf: 66 lb
Max load/glass shelf: 33 lb
Max. load/wall cabinet: 198 lb

I will recheck my measurements cause I swear the width was way more than 63"....probably they are right and i'm wrong.

So this was the original layout to give an idea but I got tired of it and decided to change the layout around in the room.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
That's an amazing collection WRX!

I wish I have the space to display all of my collection. Unforunately, like many other collectors, most of them are stored up in boxes. Only a fraction of my collection is on display.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank Brian. I had to vow to myself to liberate those models from their boxes but that didn't happen for years. Just don't do what I did and sell them in frustration....cause it takes years to slowly get them back.

1 - 20 of 405 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.