DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone want to take one? I have been cleaning out our storage and I ran into several old catalogs. Does anyone want to see pics of them? One particular Exoticar catalog had UT GT2s, F-1s or F-355 for $24.95. :giggle

I also ran into my 1/24 collection. I had forgotten about them. Maisto and Bburago sure made lots of Ferreris and Porsches in 1/24.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Those were the days, right Al :cheers
People today don't know what they were missing, you didn't have to spend huge somes of money to have a great model.
$80 for a sealed AUTOart, :hellno

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a pages from that Exoticar catalog circa 1997. The UTs are marked down to $24.95. I know I have a flier that had them ALL on sale for 5/$100.

(Sorry, the pics are not the best, but you can read the prices. Also, it is a 600K file*).

G

·
Those were the days eh.....I remember buying my black Turbo S for £13 and my GT2 EVO for just £17 :giggle

If only Id have known :tease

Al ...give em a call , see if theyve still got any at that price :lol

G

·
Al,

Thanks for the trip down memory lane - that was waaaay before my time.

Now look at how much the hobby has changed since then and it hasn't been 10 years since those prices were at that point - not to mention Exoticar being hig anyways.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
You are right, exoticar was on the high side!
How about some of these? Any rare ones there?

Notice any Ertls here that have gone sky-high? Those Corvettes were high to begin with.

And all this talk about 1/12 scale! Check out the price of the F-1!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.