DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know much about this car, I don't even know what type of engine it has as the hood does not open with the exception of 3 vents that are hinged.
What I do know is that it is a pretty nice diecast except for the lack of the opening hood. There is no carpeting but you would not expect that at this price range. Its a great looking car ad a great looking model.
This was a gift from Stevie and while I had it out for a polish, I snapped a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Cool model Jeff. Tom just added the silver one and it looks pretty good. Still a fair few budget traits but I wouldn't begrudge spending my money on one at that price. Better still when it's a gift!

According to Wikipedia it has a 4 litre TVR straight six giving 400bhp, 0-100km/h in 3.6 seconds, and allegedly 190mph!! It also ignores the EU guideline (requirement?) that any new car should have ABS brakes :giggle

The Sagaris was a weapon - probably a kind of battle axe - used by the Scythians which was feared for its ability to penetrate the armor of their enemies! :cheers

G

·
2005 TVR Sagaris
Year 2005
Make TVR
Model Sagaris
Engine Location Front
Drive Type Rear Wheel
Body Material Composite Body Panels
Weight 2204 lbs | 999.7 kg

Engine
Engine Configuration I
Cylinders 6
Aspiration/Induction Normal
Displacement 3996.00 cc | 243.9 cu in. | 4 L.
Valves 24 valves.
4 valves per cylinder.
Horsepower 400.00 BHP (294.4 KW)
Torque 310.00 Ft-Lbs (420.4 NM)
HP to Weight Ratio 5.5 LB / HP
HP / Liter 100.0 BHP / Liter
Bore 3.78 in | 96 mm.
Stroke 3.62 in | 91.9 mm.

Transmission Information
Gears 5
Transmission Manual

Dimensions
Seating Capacity 2
Doors 2

Steering
Rack and Pinion with Power Assist

Brakes
Front Brake Size 12.001 in | 304.8 mm.
Rear Brake Size 11.001 in | 279.4 mm.

Tires / Wheels
Wheels Front : 18 x 8.5 in

I believe the bonnet did not open on the 1:1 Jeff, if there were any problems it had to go back to the factory.
It was produced primarily for the circuit. :cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
On the weekend I picked up a blue TVR Sagaris, made by Jadi toys. Looks exactly the same as the red one but you indicte made by Revell. Same company?

I was not sure about buying it, but once I got it home I was extremely pleased with it. With the exception of the non opening hood, the detail is very nice.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I need some TVRs in my collection...great budget model and excellent pics, flyboy!

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
I love how this car looks, really raw. I have the Tuscan S model and it's actually quite nice looking. Kind of wish I had this instead! :giggle

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Not the same company, but the model is the same as far as I know. Don't ask me to explain the connection - it's been asked before but I forget exactly how it works. It was the same with the Tuscan S - there were Revell and Jadi boxed cars.

It seems as though the non-opening hood is correct to the 1:1, so I guess it's something you have to live with on this model :cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.