DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently started with these two 720S. When Autoart announced these I cursed them for not putting a more interesting interior in the beautiful Paris Blue color. So I bought the Glacier White one with plans to swap it over. I'm working on a repaint with some custom touches for the white one. Both cars will get some new carbon bits, lowered and new wheels.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice to see how this turns out.

I modified a few composite Autoarts like this and then stopped buying them. When you see how little is under that shell it's hard to justify the cost! That engine!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Nice to see how this turns out.

I modified a few composite Autoarts like this and then stopped buying them. When you see how little is under that shell it's hard to justify the cost! That engine!
Yeah that's a horrible engine. I still desperately want one of these though, holding out for the red to be released soon!

Look forward to seeing how this turns out, they put the wrong wheels on each colour too, the blue needed silver wheels and the white needed dark wheels.
The swapped interior looks much better on the blue already.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed that it's some weird color choices for interior and wheels on these. They played it a little tame with the exterior colors but I do love this blue and the red. I'd have liked to see purple or some of the different green shades mclaren does

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't been on the forum for a while and what a surprise it has been! Beautiful new layout and DIRECT IMAGE POSTING?!?! What an incredible improvement. I'll be updating and posting new models that I've worked on since last being on. Here's the 720S with interior swap, handmade splitter, skirt extensions and wheels (that are sure to upset some purists lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Haven't been on the forum for a while and what a surprise it has been! Beautiful new layout and DIRECT IMAGE POSTING?!?! What an incredible improvement. I'll be updating and posting new models that I've worked on since last being on. Here's the 720S with interior swap, handmade splitter, skirt extensions and wheels (that are sure to upset some purists lol)

View attachment 261570
View attachment 261571 View attachment 261574
View attachment 261573
those tires are a little too thin for my tastes but HOLY CRAP what a difference! and yeah you're definitely right about what you get for the money. I'm waiting for my 675LT to be delivered today and although i know its probably on the same level as this one i really wanted a modern mclaren and there's not much other better options out there with fully opening features. i wouldnt care about the plastic Autoart is now using if they could pull off the same level of detail as some of their previous sig series, especially for what they're expecting you to pay! I mean, what happened to their excuse of the change in material bringing down the costs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts