DiecastXchange Forum banner

Two blue losers

990 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  simondc07 
#1 · (Edited)
Two blue losers that did not finish the race: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (Classic Carlectables) and Ferrari 512 BB LM (BBR), both in 1/18. The Camaro was one of the fastest cars in 1982 at the most famous Australian race, Bathurst, but ended up on the roof after an accident (it is in the livery of TV sports Channel 9). Ferrari raced in the 24 hours of Le Mans 1980 and also had an accident. Even if "losers", the models are great!

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice concept (just to clarify: it's "losers" - one "o"). That's my favorite version of the Camaro after the 1969, though I've never gone after this livery. And the Ferrari is one of the GREAT BBR models (I have it and one other livery). Did you know that Charles Pozzi, a French Ferrari dealership who formed his own racing team, entered THREE 512 BB LMs that year with the same livery?
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Hood

#5 ·
That Camaro is one of my favorite models in my collection. I have the old release from a decade ago. I never bought the Ferrari, but would love one. I have passed on it so many times in the past, I hate to even think about it.

Reactions: Oldtimer
#9 ·
If only Ferrari properly developed the 512 in all it's various guises. It is one of my favourite subjects and in this livery makes a brilliant model. I remember watching Bathurst as a child and seeing the Camaro spinning on it's roof. Bathurst in the 80's for it's diversity was hard to beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.