DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Both are very well made and are very nice. But one of them is sealed and I don't know any thing about the Porsche. Anyone have any info on the driver? Matthew Marsh?

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I don't know much about Matthew Marsh other than the fact he and a Canadian racer (Daryl O'Young) will be vying for a spot on the grid for the 2006 Le Mans. I guess the 3rd driver will be chosen later for the event.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the reasons for buying these cars?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. I bought the black Nissan because I wanted to add to my AUTOart JGTC collection. And I bought the Porsche because I think it would look great next the the Kwan. But unfortunately we moved into a smaller apartment and now space is an issue. :pullhair I might have to put some cars into storage. :help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Regardless of the Nissan being sealed, I love that all black/black look, very menacing. Possibly the best looking sealed model they make :tongue

I'm so confused about the Mike Marsh Porsche. :confused

Mike Marsh drove #33 not #1, I couldn't find anything about him driving the #1. So I am not sure which car this one is.

That and the fact they still list it as a GT3 R

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Darrick, it's MAtthew Marsh.

This AUTOart Porker should be the 2005, not the 2004 as labelled, as he won in 2004, thereby getting the number "1" in 2005.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
How about taking them back to the retailer? or putting them up for sale?
Personally, there is nothing worse than having diecast funds tied up in models that I don't want while other that I want become available. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gary,

Are sure he wore the #1 plate for 2005, I couldn't find this car with the #1 on it, only #33.

I meant Matthew :eek:ops

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link.

I didn't realize the champions # changed to the #1 plate the following year. :confused

Well that explains the #1 then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
If you already have a collection of JGTC models, you may want to hold on to the Nissan, that way you have to buy it again in the future.

As for the Porsche, I'm sure you can recoupe a portion if not all of your monies back for it if you decided to part ways with it. Trading is an option.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Matthew drove the #33 car in 2004 which he won the championship in , so that means he was allocated #1 status for 2005 .

The car AUTOart has given us looks very much like the 05 championship car , sans a few minor sponsor decals which we all know , can change from race to race .

I think AUTOart made 2 mistakes with this release , firstly , they have it on a 2004 base , if they had revamped the base with the correct year on it , then that would sort that out , the other error is as you said , its still listed on the COA as a GT3 R (all of the cup cars are like this) when infact its not .

Heres Matthews website , with some very nice pics of his 05 car on it :cheers

Matthew Marsh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link to the site.

I was under the impression #plates were only swapped on motorcycle racing, learn something new everyday.

Those two mistakes are rookie mistakes on AUTOart's behalf, should not have happened, considering this is the second batch of Porsche race cars from them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice models.
That Nissan is just fantastic.An agressive looking car.Porsche is nice too.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would keep the black devil. However, the Porsche is a big no no for me, due to the colour. (Porsche nutter speaking...)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.