DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Now here's a car I've been longing for! Too bad it's not the ALMS version. Nonetheless, it does look good! The Audi R10 is worth checking out too to see if it's good value for the quality.

:edit Upon looking at the antenna more closely, I realize IXO has made a huge improvement!!! The way I used to figure out if a model is 1/43 or 1/18 is by looking at the antenna to see if they are disproportionately thick. I must say these antennae here look very thin. Nice work IXO! :nicejob :nicejob

(photos courtesy of IXO)
Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Toy Car

Attachments

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I love the style of the Audi R10....

One thing is for sure....the day that it will be available in a plain 1:18 version, I'll snap one!

I think there was suppose to be a all-black test car version of the R10, any news anyone? :feedback

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
But wasn't there suppose to be a 1/18 version of that test car? I think I saw the picture from one of the toy shows? Maybe Norev... :confused

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
HAH! I knew I saw that somewhere.....

Spark will release the black test car in 1/18 version ...along with 2 other racing version...

SPARK #180009 GT 2006 Audi R10 Black Test car

:pianodance

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Nice ones Felix :cheers

Any chance of a group shot of all your 1:43's?

BTW, I feel funny admitting this but with Garys help, I have bought more 1:43 this year than 1:18 :help
The wave of the future?????????

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
They both look very good, Felix, and those pictures are superb!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Oops...I just realized I created this thread in the wrong place. :giggle These are new IXO releases and I haven't bought them.....yet. :lol But seeing how nicely the overall body is AND the antennae's thickness is in very good proportion to the rest of the car, these two puppies are on my radar. :happy

I'll see what I can do for a group shot. Right now, I don't have a shelf dedicated for my 1/43s in my Ikea Billy bookcase so I'll need to add a glass shelf or something.

What has drawn YOU to 1/43s so much this year? Is it an issue of variety, space, price/value, etc.? I'd love to hear your thoughts. :feedback

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Its all James Bond's fault!
In the UK they have a subscription to a magazine subscription that also comes with a 1:43 car that was used in a J/B film. I think they are up to number 12 with at least 6 more coming.
But, considering I have upwards of 20 1:43's on the way, I have been peeking at some others.
In for a penny, in for a pound!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.