DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Realizing that the two older Russian model jet fighters looked unique and somewhat improbable now, as opposed to when they were built fifty years ago, I found the article below quite interesting and informative about the two models.
http://www.internetmodeler.com/2008/august/columns/nowandthen.php

I distinctly remember building the green Aurora model, but I think I acquired the silver Lindberg version in a trade with a friend who had built it. Unfortunately the landing gear on the Aurora model is lost somewhere in the attic.
At any rate I am happy to have these two "classics" in my old collection which was rescued from the attic after all these years.
Thanks for looking and I'll coninue to post pictures of the 91 models rescued and restored.
The Lindberg version:

The Aurora version:

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Interesting link CarCrazy...
I just could never see these MIGs as fighters though....not with noses like that!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always thought that since these Migs were based on purely Western conjecture of what the Mig-19 was supposed to look like, the idea of the F-86D Sabre with its radar nose must have entered into the speculation mix big time. :)

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Always thought that since these Migs were based on purely Western conjecture of what the Mig-19 was supposed to look like, the idea of the F-86D Sabre with its radar nose must have entered into the speculation mix big time. :)
But I suppose at the time I thought the Sabre was cool although it looked a bit 'cuddley' because it had a great name and was on our side!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts