DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wake Work Sleep
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two things I've worked on recently. I switched in some standard SRT-10 rims instead of those huge crazy Mayas that were on this "Whips" Viper. They're still big but more reasonable:

....and this Mclaren has been modded a bit. I didn't like how high the original rims were riding so I found a substitute. These are 18" Oasis B1s and the shoes are slicks from a F1 GTR. Not sure the Mclaren was meant to have Dubs but I still like my chrome:

Let me know if you love it or want to hunt me down for putting chrome on a Mclaren. :lol As I recall the last Mclaren that had its rims switched out looked pretty horrible. Hope I've done a decent job.

G

·
Nice work :cheers

That looks like a Maisto Mac so I wont personally hunt you down just yet.......Mind you , if it had been a UT Mac :nutkick

:lol

·
Wake Work Sleep
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought, its a Maisto though. If it had been a UT I wouldn't have had to mod it! The UT macs have everything in the right proportions. Anyone think I should paint the rims silver or possibly gunmetal (like the F1 GTRs rims)?

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hey I think you mean MY Dubbed UT McLaren F1! :nutkick

View attachment 15720

Well, good thing I have a thick skin, otherwise I might be offended!

No seriously, your one looks good, and my F1 was obtained as a parts car (from someone who shall remain anymous least he gets flamed!!!!) and I was just playing around. Its back to its old self now.....at least a collection of bits of its old self.

:cheers

Peter

·
Wake Work Sleep
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

Ac
Actually I haven't seen that one. I'm pretty sure the last mac I saw on rims was on automotive forums. That one isn't too bad, just a few adjustments could improve it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts