DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone here got one of these? How are they for quality? Sealed? Tampos or decals ?

Universal Hobbies 1/18 scale diecast model of the 1988 Porsche 962C le mans which finished 2nd Driven by Derek Bell , Klaus Ludwig and Hans-Joachim Stuck

:feedback

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've got one... sealed interior... engine detail ok but not great... looks like tampos but finish in general is not anything special. I'd say it was the approaching the quality of some of Maisto's LM Audis... maybe... However, it does look great on the shelf when viewed from a distance. Since UH was the only game in town when it came to this model, I had to get it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff :cheers

It was the livery on this one that caught my eye . If its on par with the Maisto Audi then I think it`ll be ok .

:cheers

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
They are not really the same car, in 1:1, not even the chassis. The 962 was created following an FIA requirement for crushability in front of the driver's feet, and in the 956, the driver's feet were actually in front of the front "axle" (or a line drawn through the hubs of the front wheels).

Either way, if these models will be made, they will be bought (at least, by me).

:tongue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts