DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that most of us look for details in our diecasts. But sometimes some details are lost because we do not know about them. Now I mean some functional parts which we do not know that they are functional (something can be open or moved, etc). I think that it would be informative for all uf us to make a summary of such unknown and sometimes unexpected details in our diecasts. Therefore, I start here with two details I have revealed in two AUTOart-Millenium models. The functional detail is that there exists a functional support of engine cover in Audi Sport Quattro and BMW M3 (E30) Sport Evolution. Did you know about it? Both supports, when closed, are hidden in the engine compartment and can be hardly find. Below are images of the supports "in action".
If you find some functional details in your diecests, which you think the rest of collectors do not know about them, post images here.

G

·
Wow, a great topic indeed.

I bet every model ever made has a place in this topic. Nonetheless, I don't own every model so I can only speak on the ones I own :giggle

The GMP RainX, AER, Sunoco and Hot Wheels Camaros have paint blemishes. Out of mine, the AER Camaro is possibly the worst of the bunch. However, all four of them shine very well with a minimum amount of polish.

AUTOart Basalt Black 911 GT2 doesn't have a fuel filler door as the silver version.

Thats just a few of my favorites that I can think of off the top of my head without mentioning others....

G

·
I have to say....the 'gas' struts found on the hoods/bonnets of the Kyosho Ferrari's (Daytona & Boxers) is a great touch.

:cheers

G

·
One more thing I discovered on Tuesday when I was polishing my Kyosho Supra.

When you open the rear hatch and look at the back seat, the glue that holds the back seat to the trimming is blatantly visible. It runs across the entire back seat.

I don't even think there is a fix for this as it is glue on top of carpet.

Does anyone elses Supra suffer from this. :feedback

I have had this car for a few months now and just discovered it while cleaning it.

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I couldn't find the pics (from one of our member - Dean O) as the links are dead, but here's one I found this one on the net.

Pic courtesy of Lambocars.com. CLICK

Unfortunately you can't really see the whole thing - its a gorgeous 4 point harness with photo-etched buckles.

I would love to snap pics of mine, but my card reader is out of order for the moment. Maybe some WW owner will chime in.

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is a great thread! I love surprises! :happy

Here are the two I found:

On the Ricko Cadillac Escalade, it has a push down DVD monitor on the roof, folding back seats, and reclining/front+back moving front seats. Here are a few pictures:

On many of the Kyosho BMW models I have, they try to simulate real leather wear. Each seat has its unique simulation of wear. This is really paying attention to detail. Here are is a picture I took of my BMW M3 convertible.

G

·
Hmmm...how bout these?

AutoArt Lamborghini Muira - Rear Engine Cover. Within the frame surrounding the engine, there is black hook about an inch long that swings out to hook onto the engine cover to keep it at it's proper angle when opened...

AutoArt 53 Corvette - 1. Hood support that swings up from engine bay to hold the hood open...2. Seperate metal chassis from floorpan of passenger compartment...3. Fuel / Brake lines...4. Metal exhaust ports in rear bumper area that actually connect to the exhaust system...5. True universal joint steering...6. No, not 1 visible screw, anywhere

CMC Auto Union Type C - Here's a good one! Unadvertised Special! Remove the bottom side of the car, and see the actual innards of the car...designed and built like they are supposed to be seen, but aren't unless you unscrew 6 screws. What's amazing is that they don't even advertise that - I was bored one day and did it. I expect to find detail suprises on this one, but that shocked me! After removing the bottom belly, remove 2 screws that hold the nose of the car on (the grill area), and you find the radiator detailing inside that nose that's not "supposed" to come off...

P-100 Chrysler 300C - Seperate chassis from the floorpan of the passenger compartment instead of being molded as 1 piece...2. The 4 headlights - the inside 2headlights are molded as high beams while the outside 2 are molded as low beams...3. Emergency Roadside kit stuck way up in the trunk, with a label on it...4. and of course the key in the ignition, but I don't think that's a P-100 suprise :)

My 2 other models don't have anything unknown - YET! Next week, my CMC SLR and Minichamps 300 SL arrive, so I'll be in hog heaven!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.