DiecastXchange Forum banner
161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
haha!! I think I also will get to that point when having to many cars and no room for them, when u begin collecting u simply cannot stop 😂
Absolutely. Eventhough you think you have got all the models you ever wanted there are always new temptations to lure you back in for more.

Huge collection Jazzy, it's awesome, over 400 models! I haven't given into the Maisto temptation yet, but for $25 how can you go wrong. I like that Chevelle, I like US muscle cars too and that model could easily be upgraded with extra details to make something great.
Will probably need to do another round of purging soon but don't the heart to do it yet. I still suffer a bit of seller remorse for some of the stuff I sold over the years. And you are right about those Maisto cars that can be upgraded fairly easily.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is the roof on the 71 Chevelle still plastic? I have the 72 and the roof was plastic as Maisto used to do the convertible version too. The detailing was better than the Ertl equivalent but they got the detailing on the stock wheels all wrong. It looks like the 71 you have is a mild custom.

Beautiful collection!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Hey MikeyMcFly, the roof is plastic if i remember correctly. I suspect that is what Maisto do with some of the models where they issue both convertible and hardtop version where the roof for hardtop version is just made out of plastic. Which works well IMO. Models come to mind Ford 1949, Camaro SS etc

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
So much nice stuff there mate! I hear you re: needing more space or trimming the collection back a bit. Tough call on what to shift though! :)
I suppose the sensible thing to start with would be to remove the "duplicates".. I have 5 different Ferrari BBs, 4 Ferrari Daytonas, many 911s of the same generation but in different specs and so on. And cabriolet/hardtop/wagon pairs...
But again the reason why I have multiple of the same models at the first place is that I like that particular car a lot so it definitely is a hard call to make. All I can do is finding cars that I don't have much affinity with.. I started with most American cars few years back but now have a little regret for getting rid of Camaro Z28 because it would now pair up with the convertible version I bought last year.

Also suffer from other seller remorse like selling the CMC Irish green Porsche 901 for cheap although I did make some profit out from it. Bought for less than $200 sold for $300. If i hold it til now the value likely would have doubled. Also bit pissed at myself for letting go LS collectibles Porsche 944. There are models which I gladly sold and don't look back especially if i made small profit to put towards new purchase.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 · (Edited)
My newest purchase...

Never had a 1/18 Pagani before so the Huayra is my first. I wanted a F430 coupe in the past but kinda lost interest in the last few years but finally get a chance to buy the Scuderia version, which IMO is a better model overall as the normal F430 has unrealistic oversized looking wheels.

Untitled by Jazzy 426, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Lovely adds, congrats. Just one correction - It's a Pagani : ) Zonda was the model before the Huayra 🥂

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Lovely adds, congrats. Just one correction - It's a Pagani : ) Zonda was the model before the Huayra 🥂
lol thanks for the correction I meant to type Pagani and somehow i ended up with Zonda instead. But is true that Huayra is my first 1/18 Pagani. I have a Zonda with high mounted side mirrors in 1/43.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Same. I put off getting the 1:18 Zonda and now there only crazy expensive ones out there, lol. So I have to live with my 1:24 Zonda and the 1:18 Huayra. Gotta say your spec is much better than mine (blue with completely black interior which I made two-tone with white accents to liven it up).

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
I skipped almost all modern supercars as I tend to focus on older subjects. I bought the Huayra when the pawn shop decided to slash the price in half and it is BNIB so it was fair $35 spent. And you are right the gold scheme with light colour interior is definitely better than the blue one. I had some blue Huayras by Motormax on eBay watch list for a while but was not keen to buy as the total can easily exceeds $70 with postage. By the way the Zonda Cinque by Motormax looks pretty good IMO as well.. and might consider that at some point too.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
That 924 looks fun!
They sure do haha. This will be my latest addition to the "924 evolution" all in guard red. The real car is "fun" as well and you need to put in effort to drive it. No power steering sound deafening is almost non existence and slow as brick too LOL

But a lovely classic nontheless and i am such a huge sucker for the popup lights that should never go out of style. 😁

·
Registered
191 Posts
They sure do haha. This will be my latest addition to the "924 evolution" all in guard red. The real car is "fun" as well and you need to put in effort to drive it. No power steering sound deafening is almost non existence and slow as brick too LOL

But a lovely classic nontheless and i am such a huge sucker for the popup lights that should never go out of style. 😁
I loved pop-up lights until I had a set. I have very little good to say about them outside of the novelty factor.

In high school the early 924s were within my budget as they were selling in the sub-$2,500 range at the time and I had more than that set aside. I really, really wanted one, but in my state since I wasn’t 18 I couldn’t buy a car without my Mom signing the deal and transferring it to me. She wouldn’t let me go neat a Porsche, even if it would have been the slowest car in the high school parking lot.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Received a bulk order from Modelissimo and Costco visit on the same day after learning the 2022 shipment has arrived. As a result, spent last 2 nights slowly unboxing them...

First batch, Mustangs and a Camaro in new colour available at Costco this year. I already have the blue Mustang fastback for couple of years now but took the opportunity to swap out the chrome wheels with another Camaro with black wheels which I find look better IMO.

Some recent releases from Solido, and their older stuff as well.

Caught bit of French bug lately.. I finally got the Alpine A110 and it is amazing to see how small it is being an accurate 1/18 rather than the overscaled Bburago version.

The Subie comes with a nice 2022 calendar.

Two Mclarens in orange. I ordered the purple one not long ago but didn't like the colour scheme at all so sold that off and bought this instead.

Two new Maisto releases in time for Costco 2022 run.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 · (Edited)
What to do when I can’t afford two of my most wanted 2022 models, Xiaoguang Lexus LS400 and Autoart Lamborghini Diablo SE30.

Buy the cheap one!:ROFLMAO:

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

picked up the 30 plus years old black Lexus by Road Tough and Maisto Diablo SE30 in the colour I always wanted. I went through few of these before and sold them on but when a seller is offering them $10 each in this day and age.. and all are in good condition so why not.

Now I really regret for getting rid of a somewhat rare green SE30 years ago.. that one would go very well with this lavender purple Diablo.

161 - 180 of 183 Posts