DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
This is a really nice 1:12 model from Hot Wheels, of all things... Let's get something straight right from the get-go... this is no AUTOart or GMP... but then, I only paid $109 so my expectations were already adjusted. As you can see, the stance is a little high but still looks good. Shutlines are not excessively large, and the overall detail is nice. No doglegs! Paint is good but not great, and looks quite a bit better now that I rubbed most of it out with polishing compound and waxed it. The tires are a bit shiny but are marked 'Goodyear' and look realistic otherwise... just pretend you just applied tire gloss to them. :giggle

The interior is carpeted and the seats are soft-touch... overall, very nice. The engine bay is good but not up to AUTOart or other good 1:18 standards... but terrific for Hot Wheels!

I really like mine... it looks good in black, it looks great on the shelf, and the price is right! :eek:k

Dialup warning... Large (100K) files... Click thumbnail for larger image...

G

·
a Hot Wheels 1/12 i am curious to see the detail level.... as i have seen some of the smaller detail pics on ebay.... your pics should prove better then those!

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Do you need a bigger light tent to photograph this? :giggle :giggle I can hardly wait to see your photos Dr. Jeff.

G

·
great pics :cheers

Hot Wheels did a better job than i expected ,engine is lookin nice, and so is interior, the car got any special features?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hey, judging by the pics, for $109 it looks like you got a great deal, and from Hot Wheels no less! :cheers However I did notice doglegs on the hatchback as well as the hood, but the engine and interior look great. If I were a Vette fan , I'd certainly be looking for one. :cheers

G

·
Coming back to this thread, I recall seeing this model on CNN a few months ago. Hot Wheels was celebrating their 100 yeaar anniversary and one of their people explained how excited they were about this model.

Does anyone know if this is Hot Wheels first 1:12 and if not, what were the other versions they released.

May be a good sign of things to come from them in the 1:12 market.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just received my C6 conv. which I paid $90 for. I must say that this has got to be the best deal ever. I think everything about the car is phenomenal with the exception of the paint which can be fixed with some polish. I am amazed that I was able to get this thing for the same price as some 1/18 AUTOart. Highly recommended for C6 fans.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.