DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
2,575 Posts
I'm a fan of super/hypercars from the more obscure manufacturers, so the Hennessey Venom GT was a must-have for my collection when AUTOart announced it late last year. All 4 colors are superb, and I have to say that it was a bit of a challenge picking my favorite haha. In the end, I settled for the Grey car since it's the same colors as the one used to make the top speed record run (which will be coming in next week) and this White car for my all-white theme that I've started recently.

The model is quite well put-together, with mine only suffering from a tiny glue mark on one of the air intakes' mesh, slight paint chipping where the engine cover meets the body and a slightly misaligned Hennessey logo on the rear wheel and said rear wheel being a little wobbly when spun.

I reckon the only thing that I don't like about the model is the removable hardtop. It's made of thin diecast, which is alright. However, it attaches very flimsily to the car. Chances of it falling off and getting chipped is quite high, methinks.

Here are some pics of the model:

Wheels and Brakes

Interior. Absolutely gorgeous in red, although the red steering wheel is a little too much for my liking. But hey, it exists on the 1:1 Venom so I'm cool with that.

Engine / Engine Cover

Rear Wing. The Venom's rear wing isn't spring loaded like the Bugatti Veyron, Lexus LFA and Aston Martin One-77. Instead, the button at the bottom simply pushes the wing up a tiny bit, and you can pose it accordingly manually.

Some Detail Shots:

Closing Shots

In the carpark dio:

Thanks for looking!

· Banned
9,356 Posts
The whole thing is American, British people claim they hate it and have no use for it, so we'll take it.

As I have said before if it is so easy to build this thing then why didn't Lotus build it, they could use the press last I checked.

Fastest car in the world right now by the way.

· Registered
5,305 Posts
Thank you for those shots! I wasn't planning to add this one, but will definitely now after seeing these pics

· Registered
5,309 Posts
Gotta say it, the venom looks amazing and AUTOart did a great job. Think I'm on the same boat with DnD with the grey but seeing the white....choices are going to be tough. BUT lets get this straight - the Exige will always be a beauty....without it Hennessey wouldn't have found such a sexy base to create a hellion.

· Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Please post the model specs from the signature pamphlet.
Hennessey Venom GT

Actual Length: 11.81"

This model is made up of 321 separate metal and plastic parts, including photo-etched plates, metal wiring, screws and nuts. The model weighs 0.75kg.

Total number of zinc die-cast parts: 12
Total number of photo-etched plates: 27
Total number of metal parts: 100
Total number of plastic parts: 142
Total number of chrome-plated parts: 20
Total number of parts in other materials: 20

Decoration:
Number of free-hand spray painting: 77
Number of mask spray painting: 61
Number of hits of tampon printing: 28

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Thanks for the pics Justin! Now I need to decide on white or red...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.