DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Registered
1,565 Posts
Great Dio shots Justin, looks like it's ready to jump in and drive :) I love the Exige and this looks so much better. I think I'll have to get one. As for colour, no idea! Maybe Grey ... or white ... or ...

· Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Great Dio shots Justin, looks like it's ready to jump in and drive :) I love the Exige and this looks so much better. I think I'll have to get one. As for colour, no idea! Maybe Grey ... or white ... or ...
Thanks! You won't regret purchasing this IMO, it's a brilliant model. All four colors are superb too, you won't go wrong with any.

· Registered
3,242 Posts
I thought I wanted this model in grey until I saw these shots. The white/red combination looks fantastic, and so do your pictures, especially the diorama and outdoor shots!

· Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Fantastic.
Just curious, where do you normally purchase your diecast in SG?
I normally get them from local private resellers, as they offer a better price than the shops most of the time. For example, this Venom cost me about US$170 while it would cost US$190 from the shops after discounts.

· Registered
3,665 Posts
Great pics as usual Justin!
Model looks great. I actually love the look of it with the rear wing extended. Engine is a bit too chrome for my tastes though, but apart from that I like it.

Oh, and just to clear things up, the 1:1 it isn't American. It's still written down as a Lotus on the log books.
Basically its a British built body etc, which is then shipped to america to have that big 'ol V8 shoved into it. That's it.
Most of the body and carbon work is done in the UK.
And to get the fastest car in the world title, you need to have the car do 2 runs in opposite directions. the Veyron SS was hitting 269 [edging 270] mph on the one run.
But you get 15 year old Toyota Supras doing speeds like that these days. its not hard throwing monsterous 1000bhp plus engines into cars like what Hennessey has done.
No matter what anyone says, or how much anyone wants to argue, It's still basically just a kit car.

The real praise for an American car should be going to the new Corvette ZR1......

cool model though,. Thanks for sharing, Justin

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.