DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Another oldie but goodie... I got this one in 2003. Although it has been stored in a sealed case under optimum conditions, the decals are starting to get a bit ragged, and I've made an attempt to apply decal softener to get them to lay down and re-attach in places where they've started to crack and lift (you can see this in the last pic). Even so, it still looks smashing and is a wonderful model of a very interesting subject. I really like the design of this CLK-GTR compared to its competitors of the period. What do you think... do you remember this one? Who has one?

Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR #11 Original Teile 1998 by vegasracer, on Flickr

Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR #11 Original Teile 1998 Cutaway by vegasracer, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Yes these are very nice! Is this the Maisto or AUTOart version? I don't have this livery but do have the street version and three of the racers.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yes these are very nice! Is this the Maisto or AUTOart version? I don't have this livery but do have the street version and three of the racers.
Peter, it's the AUTOart version. I have the Maisto street version as well as the AUTOart FIA-GT1 #2 car. I also have the Original Teile #11 car in 1:12 scale (also from AUTOart).

·
Administrator
35,024 Posts
Nice pics as always, cracking livery & car, I really like them, shame about the declas :( they don't look overly bad though.

Prices are mental, so there's no chance of me getting one.
I hope to high Heaven that AUTOart produces the CLK GTR Street Version. While they're at it, the CLR as well.

+1 !!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
very nice models, I once have it (before sold it)
the stance & proportion are perfectlly made by autoart...and yes the main problem is the decals are quite easily crack and tear off..mine's too :(
one thing suprising that maybe many hasn't know is that this model's body can be fully openable (quite like the CMC's W196R)
here is a photo of mine when the body is fully removed, to be able to remove it, first you have to unscrew all the screws at the bottom of body base.
it just looks like the catalog's photo of the full open 1/12, doesn't it? :)
its amazing that there are detailings at the front, the details can't be seen, unless the front hood unscrewed.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
That's one of my favorite models, the design that car had, was really ahead from their rivals. I have the #12, the #2 ludwig FIA GT champion and the CLK LM, from autoart. With the persson motorsports cars, yes the decals are a problem, but maybe with tamiya clear will help to stop that cracking. This because tamiya is exclusively make for that kind of decals. I remember that I buy those CLK GTR's in price ranges from $ 50-69, and now they are really expensive and rare. Shame that autoart didn't make the star emblem, metal made instead of plastic because they are really fragile.

G

·
very nice models, I once have it (before sold it)
the stance & proportion are perfectlly made by autoart...and yes the main problem is the decals are quite easily crack and tear off..mine's too :(
one thing suprising that maybe many hasn't know is that this model's body can be fully openable (quite like the CMC's W196R)
here is a photo of mine when the body is fully removed, to be able to remove it, first you have to unscrew all the screws at the bottom of body base.
it just looks like the catalog's photo of the full open 1/12, doesn't it? :)
its amazing that there are detailings at the front, the details can't be seen, unless the front hood unscrewed.

Sweet!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know this is probably blasphemy, but if I had one of these I would strip it and paint it silver to have a non-liveried AUTOart version. That's how much I want one.

Hey... I've got the Maisto street version of the CLK-GTR... want me to post that one or are you just jonesing for an AUTOart?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts