DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I know this is probably blasphemy, but if I had one of these I would strip it and paint it silver to have a non-liveried AUTOart version. That's how much I want one.

Hey... I've got the Maisto street version of the CLK-GTR... want me to post that one or are you just jonesing for an AUTOart?

[/quote]

Thanks. Yeah, I'm talkin' about AUTOart making one at a higher level. It's a shame that the street version has been rather neglected. The Maisto is good, but not great. And let's not forget that no one has even attempted a CLR.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Very cool photos Dr. Jeff! Thanks for posting the eye-candy.
I remember having bought the Maisto version first. A couple years later, I saw AUTOart's rendition of it, fell it love, and scooped one up when they were still plentiful on eBay. Pity the decals are so darned fragile.

It's too bad AUTOart didn't make the "Sportswear" one. I would've like to get that converted into the livery of the car that the late Canadian racer Greg Moore drove for 2 FIA GT races back in '97.

·
Testa Rossa
351 Posts
very nice models, I once have it (before sold it)
the stance & proportion are perfectlly made by autoart...and yes the main problem is the decals are quite easily crack and tear off..mine's too :(
one thing suprising that maybe many hasn't know is that this model's body can be fully openable (quite like the CMC's W196R)
here is a photo of mine when the body is fully removed, to be able to remove it, first you have to unscrew all the screws at the bottom of body base.
it just looks like the catalog's photo of the full open 1/12, doesn't it? :)
its amazing that there are detailings at the front, the details can't be seen, unless the front hood unscrewed.

This is removable in the 1:12 version of the Autoart. I have the 1:12 . if it is possible in the 1:12 autoart version, then i might try that as well? Looks COOL.. If this is the 1:18 version, then i do not have the 1:18 CLK GTR.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some time ago I've also put them next to each other...

Does the AUTOart one able to open the back engine cover and front hood? I have the 1/18 scale one. I saw some pictures online that they are able to open , but I never find a way to do that. I am afraid to broke it . If someone know, please let me know.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Does the AUTOart one able to open the back engine cover and front hood? I have the 1/18 scale one. I saw some pictures online that they are able to open , but I never find a way to do that. I am afraid to broke it . If someone know, please let me know.
The back comes off quite easy, to open the front you have to remove 2 screws just behind the front tires.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts