DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What can you tell me about this mustang??

GMP Trans Am Mustang,no.15, Parneli Jones

View attachment 21346

My brother has been thinking about picking it up.... but I dont know if it is great value for money. Decision to be taken in a couple of days!

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
From what I read and the pics I've seen it's a pretty cool model. I think it's down to price and theme.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I give it a 6 rating on a 10 scale. There are so many detail errors, that to me, as someone who owned and raced similar cars in the era, spoil it. The paint and decaling are fairly accurate. The fact that it has Weber carbs (versus either a single or dual Holley four-barrels), two seats (versus only one allowed under Trans Am rules at the time), the stance is a little off, etc. If you can get it for a good price, and you are a fan of that particular era, series, and driver, then, by all means, get it. I have two of the generic one's in my collection (#1 and #29), but won't be adding any more.

:mine

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Well, there you have it. It's a cool model, but if it's not very accurate that does detract a little from it, at least to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my brother is a bit of a fine detail bugger.... so I guess not!

The two seats thing really let him off :lol

Anyway, thanks guys for the help! As always :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the record, it wasn't produced by GMP, but built for them by Welly. I've seen a couple recently, and they're really not very good - unless, of course, you've paid under $25.00 US. I seem to remember the original price being substantially more than that. :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:iagree I've seen one for 15GBP at a model fair before Burn. It appears if you know where to look this model can be had for next to nothing.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the one I saw was 120$.... if it was GMP quality like the Camaros, then my brother would have given it a thought.... but low quality at high price is not acceptable.... he is gonna get a CMC instead :giggle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.