DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From Newcastle UK to Newcastle Aus

Nice job you did on that Carrera . :nicejob

Is the GT wing you used one of those resin parts ?

How well do they fit , do they require any trimming ?

Im not sure about putting Merc wheels on a P car :giggle , but they do look pretty good . The colours not bad either

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
:wave
:wave
:tongue :tongue :tongue

Congrats, Evomagic!!
Welcome to the Porsche nuts club.

Tell me how did you removed / fit the wheels?

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for the warm welcome. To answer some of your questions: The rear wing is a two piece resin part i bought from ebay. They come from Hong Kong and are very good quality. Once it was painted though, it ended up a tight fit to close, so I recomend shaving a little off the sides (not too much though) before painting. The way I removed wheels without snapping calliper is to remove the body from chassis first, then remove wheels with all the brake assembly still attached. Two small screwdrivers poked through the front of the wheel (see pic) to snap the brake disc away from wheel. I then sanded down the inside of the Maisto wheels to the correct offset and glued them to the UT discs. The colour or color is Hothouse green from a real road car here in Aus. Biante made a Monaro in this shade. It came out a little darker than it should have because of the dark colour etch primer I used.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Great job, EVOmagic!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts