DiecastXchange Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

· Registered
4,074 Posts
Rainer does it again! My jaw is on the floor! How I wish I could get me paws on a 1:18 F1 in this color. If I had a UT F1 I just might send it to you so you could work your magic on it. Stunning color.

· Please do this in 1/18!!
623 Posts
WWWWaaaaaaaaamazing!
the best Mac F1 that I've seen on scale! kudos to you Rainer to do such an incredible work with this little car!
The idea of painting with clear orange over the silver worked out so well, you sure have a natural talent for this my friend

Bravo!

i have the same doubt, is that an UT or Maisto?

· Registered
377 Posts
Some informations about the real car ;
Chassis #075, built in 1998, 64th and final F1 road car made, color : Yquem

Now that Raidou have found the matching colour, I have to make one like this... But must find a UT one before

· Registered
2,820 Posts
Great job Rainer! While I think the original is far from the best looking 1:1 McLaren the result is very good in 1:18.

One of my Favorite McLarens,

here is a video of the owner Dan Kennedy taking delivery

Not the same car as Dan's #038. Pevosan has the correct info on this one (#075 Aziz Ojjeh), #073 is also orange with a HDF kit and spoke rims.
Dan's car has black interior and the color is a special mix kandy orange and it's not his anymore.

· Registered
1,636 Posts
i believe in the above pictures both cars are actually pictured.

anyway this is my fav pic of the mclaren in that colour (cant find it anymore :( ) is an orange maclaren at the traffic lights, with a Ferrari either side and it says "Owned" LOL

· Registered
2,820 Posts
i believe in the above pictures both cars are actually pictured.

anyway this is my fav pic of the mclaren in that colour (cant find it anymore :( ) is an orange maclaren at the traffic lights, with a Ferrari either side and it says "Owned" LOL
Yes, you are right. The first two pictures are #038, but the interior shot is #075. So Rainer has made a mix between these cars as the exterior color is actually quite different even though theyre both orange. #038 is a lot brighter than #075 in reality.

I got the original high rez of that picture, it's taken not far from Oakley HQ, I will dig it up later for you.

· Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yes, you are right. The first two pictures are #038, but the interior shot is #075. So Rainer has made a mix between these cars as the exterior color is actually quite different even though theyre both orange. #038 is a lot brighter than #075 in reality.
Thanks for elucidation, I didn't take care of that, just searched the web for further pics of that color.

· Registered
2,820 Posts
Thanks for elucidation, I didn't take care of that, just searched the web for further pics of that color.

[/quote]

In the end, who cares? The model looks flawless and you did a super neat paint job!

· Registered
1,315 Posts
how the hell do you guys know so much about the F1 with the chassis numbers, color combos, years they were built, and past and present owners haha. Is there an Mclaren F1 bible that im not aware of.

· Registered
14 Posts
How did you do it? Via airbrush?
Yes. First I tried the spray can (Tamiya TS73) but this didn't work well. The paint came out very thin and was running off from all edges.
Then I used the airbrush and that turned out great.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

[/quote]
Hey Raidou, what I can I say that has not already been said, please can you advise how to remove paint from plastic parts such as bumpers, skirts and so on as well as from rims. I've used a gel like substances on the metal as you advised in your respray tutorial and that works great but I am scared that it will destroy the plastic parts.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.