DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wake Work Sleep
173 Posts
Just had a little fun messing around with my veilside S2K. It was already supercharged but I removed the airbox, rearranged the supercharger and added an intercooler. Also a pair of cone filters now feed the supercharger:

Click on the pictures to get a slightly larger view of the engine. Here's a pic from the original cars engine, if you want exterior pics they're on my site (click the sig):

The whole setup. Stole the brace from an import racer 1:24.

The cone filters right behind the radiator. The setup is alot like this guys': http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/637618/2

The HKS intercooler (perfect fit because the car already had HKS parts and the decal on the side).

To be fair its not done yet because I have no area to paint. So you may notice that the SC pipe has a massive gash where I had to cut the pipe off and twist it around. Also the radiator hose magically become chrome just before it actually gets to the radiator.

I don't mean to sound silly (too late eh?) but what exactly is that little chrome loop on the front of the intercooler? I'm confused about that little bit.

As soon as I can paint again i'll finish the piping up right.

G

·
That piping in front of the intercooler shoots nitrous oxide into the intercooler to keep it cool so it doesn't heat soak (remember, cool air is denser than hot air, which means more air goes to the turbocharger, which means more power).

I really like what you did to the car so far, keep up the good job!

·
Wake Work Sleep
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks peearr, I was actually planning to do that mod but it appears its been half finished for me. I added a line to the NOS bottle in the trunk (apparently ertl didn't think that was neccesary):

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
That's superb work gaftoes! That FSTB looks like it's really anodized. :cool I guess Ertl knew that if the NOS bottle isn't connected, the cops definitely can't make a case against the driver. :giggle around where I am, I think NOS bottles have to be disconnected when moved around in a car. It can't be remotely turned off/on. Things have gotten so "extreme" around where I am that at some outdoor tuner shows, the police stop A LOT of cars to check wheel offset, look for test pipes (in place of cats), etc. etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.