DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the quality of this model? It looks pretty nice to me, and as an added bonus, all the doors open, and it looks like this car has a few more features than the Norev GTI:

Here is a picture from an Ebay retailer:

Also, if anyone has this particular model in this color, is the black a solid color, or is it Deep Black Metallic like the real car? The car is also available in Candy White and Tornado Red, but I would prefer the black car (only if the color is accurate, of course).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
well, I don´t own this model( I have the Norev Golf MkV GTI ) , but some people that I know do have it ... they say that It ´s a nice modelcar .. but It´s twice as expansive as the Norev , and the only big advantage that I see is that it has carpet in the interior (and the fact that it´s the 5-doors version ) ... that´s why I advice you to get the Norev..

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
The GTI looks great. Kraftig, your Polo looks really good as well. I'd be tempted to get both of these, and perhaps a standard Golf since the same manufacturer that makes the 5-door GTI for the Chinese market makes a standard Golf as well. The Norev GTI looks pretty good too, and if I recall correctly, they also make a 5-door Golf with opening front doors. Has anyone seen the black GTI though? If I remember correctly, the only 'black' available on the GTI is Deep Black Metallic (which is the same color as my 1:1 Passat Wagon, hence my reason for wanting it the most). If it isn't black metallic, though, I know I'd be perfectly happy with the Candy White or Tornado Red GTI instead.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
I must say i like the yellow.......
It looks like a very nice replica....how much do they cost?

G

·
Thanks guys. I have the Norev MKVI GTI (one of my favourite models in my collection), I applaud them for adding 19" optional wheels and opposed to their lack lustre effort on the MKV GTI.

The Polo cost me $95 shipped from the East.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'm really going to think about buying the Polo now as well. I wish VW would add the Polo to its North American lineup now that the subcompact offerings are heating up here with cars like the Chevrolet Sonic, Ford Fiesta, and the surprisingly stylish and nice new-generation Kia Rio. It seems like the Polo would be a great fit here, and it could be produced in one of VW's existing plants in Mexico or Chattanooga, Tennessee.

G

·
Yeah, I'm really going to think about buying the Polo now as well. I wish VW would add the Polo to its North American lineup now that the subcompact offerings are heating up here with cars like the Chevrolet Sonic, Ford Fiesta, and the surprisingly stylish and nice new-generation Kia Rio. It seems like the Polo would be a great fit here, and it could be produced in one of VW's existing plants in Mexico or Chattanooga, Tennessee.
I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up within the next few years. The only problem would be the price??? With the Jetta at it's all time drop dead opening price point the Polo would need to priced under $12,000, is this possible, maybe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts