DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Volkswargen Micro Bus Concept By Revell.

The 1:1 car came to the public at the 2001 Detroit Motorshow, te Van was designed for the U.S Market.
Its is a heavy weight at 3 tons, and is driven along by a 231BHP 3.2 litre 6 cylinder engine.
It is said that this is surposed to go into production in 2005, well it's 2005 now and still no sign of it yet.

The model itself is quite a good model for the price i got it for (15GBP/30USD)
It has some nice detail's, the front and middle row of seats spin round and the side doors slide open, but also has some bad one's, the sliding doors are a bit of a problem to open and they sag out then trying to shut and the bonnet (Hood) hardly open's and the Rear is sealed.

Here are the close up's

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Lovely looking model Mr V

I've always thought that VW should have bought it out a long time ago (in my opinion) it is a better 'Retro' model than the Beetle

To me, it wouldn't matter about the minor problems, it looks good as it is

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

How little the bonnet (Hood) opens to revial what little engine detail there is.

Eddy: where are we driving this.
Vince: Were just taking it for a test to see if its worth of production, jump in the back with Sid
Sid: Come on then

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you. I have this model as well and the wheels barely turn, hood barely opens and the doors never want to open and if I do get lucky and get them open they sag or just don't want to stay closed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Brother great deal i say! good paint job too! ;)
only wish the rear had opened too!

cheers
Amit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For some reason, I really like this model. I was looking at it in the Exoticar Catalog and it just jumps out at me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is 1/18 scale and it is very heavy, however ever since I got mine I have wondered if it was bigger than that. I have not measured it though so I cannot say for sure.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
:iagree It's a good looking model and 1:1. Unfortuately VW have decided against producing it at the moment, which surprises me as I thought it would have been a sure fire sales hit in the US. :cheers

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Absolutely, but I think VW decided to put it's money into a new transporter/van that would sell worldwide? I read something about it last year but I can't remember the details. Also perhaps, they might be going away from the retro idea as it would seem cars such as the new Beetle sell strongly for the first few years until everyone who wants one has one and then sales fall away sharply. So perhaps they want a less "faddish" minivan??? :confused

1 - 14 of 14 Posts