DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

A little newbie here :)

I have a question: I was looking into buying AUTOart´s Nismo Z Tune skyline (also searched this forum for reviews) but I found too many faults with it and that´s only from the pics!

The mistakes I found only from analyzing pics:

exterior
- yellow brakes, the real one has silver
- ordinary discs, the real one has drilled
- holes on the sides of front for exiting hot air

interior
- no red-black combination on seats
- the wheel doesn´t have red holding part

You can see pics of the real one here:
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/nismo_gt-r_z-tune.asp
http://www.nismo.co.jp/Z-tune/

And the model:
http://www.AUTOart-collection.com/

Anyone else noticed this?? From what I have seen I suspect AUTOart of doing only different paintjob and some small bodywork, everything else is from the ordinary gtr!

:feedback

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
:welcome to DX [SLO] D.J.

I'm affraid I'm not too knowledgeable on the Skylines so I can't comment on the differences, but you've certainly picked out a few key flaws.

Unfortunately in 2005/2006 there have been a few models produced that follow the same pattern though. I beleive the Carrera GT's of AUTOart and Minichamps both had innacuracies and one of the Corvettes even had the wrong engine!

A good buddy of mine on the board here called Anders (ajrichar) is a huge Skyline fanatic so I hope he sees this post. He was telling me that the AUTOart R32 GTR has several flaws as well (incorrect headlights etc).

Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope you have fun here :cheers

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard and glad to have you :welcome

For a newbie, you sure do have a trained eye :cheers

No model is 100% accurate, but somethings should be elementary and gotten correct from the start.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
The Nismo car you speak of was released by AUTOart before the real 1:1 Z-tune. As such, it is not strictly one of the 20 Z-tune's Nismo built. I believe that AUTOart are going to revisit the mould and produce an accurate version that reflects this awesome and ultra high performance release. For pics of an accurate diecast, see my recent shots of Ebbro's Z-tune in 1:43 in the 'Skyline Central' thread.

Oh, and good to see you here on the boards. Skyline fans are always welcome! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(changed my nickname)

Thanks for the welcome. I´m an all Japan fan, so not just Skylines ;) I already have 2000 GT-R, now I wanted to have the ultimate of the last series, but it looks like I´ll have to wait a little more.

Which R32 GT-R is better, Kyosho or AUTOart?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Welcome to DX D.J.

Are you comparing photos of the 2005 Skyline Z-tune with AUTOart's model of the 2001 Z-Tune?

As I believe some of the differences you have stated are in fact on the 2001 & 2002 R34 Z-Tune Skylines.
But like DX has stated "No model is 100% accurate"

Here is a copule of photos of the 1:1 2002 Z-Tune.
(Click photos to enlarge)

But forgive me if you are comparing it to a model of the 2005 R34 Z-Tune.

And also I would say the Kyosho R32 looks to be better than the AUTOart, tho I only have the AUTOart ones, waiting to get the Kyosho R32 in Red, that thing looks so hot :hot

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really didn´t know that other Z Tune existed, so this satsifies me :) I hope that AUTOart releases the 05 too and soon!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have to agree with Mike. Having seen the Kyosho cars in the metal (and having them on layby), they are definitely superior to the AUTOart version, and are cheaper too!

Mike, you have onboard of a Z-tune round the 'Ring?!? It sounds worth having...

I have a DVD here that Mark has made up for you. I will send it off to you asap! It has a certain 'Skyline GT-R' essence.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.