G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't even seen any Dub Corvettes.

Pim, you have every Vette known to be made, why not add them :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Pim - I hope everything is alright with you now.

I'd never have any Du'd' City in my collection. Maybe if they were a little more realistic I would reconsider. However, these models are more toy than they are a collectors piece.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow !! You are absolutely mad about Vettes !!! Impressive !!!

About the Dub Corvettes, on one hand I think that if you hesitate, it is not good.
On the other hand if you don't get them, your collection will never be completed.

By the way, they ain't so horrible. I think you should get them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pim,

I looked at the sliver/red one and it is indeed a gem of a piece. My first time seeing them actually. I really like how they have the engine set up on it. Haven't seen any interior pieces.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On another note :lol

It baffles me how everyone looks down on the Dub and Jada models but will accept an AUTOart mode with blatant inaccuracies. :lol

I'll ask the question, which is more accurate a cartoonish model or a model pretending to be accurate. :lol

(Throws hands in the air) :lol

·
Registered
797 Posts
WOW. That is a crazy Corvette collection. You must own ALL of them except for the UT Corvette Wagon. Unless you have that one also. Awesome collection!!! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sure, why not.

in my opinion, I don't see anything bad about the Dubs in question. If anything, they'll add a touch of fun & playfulness to your already impressive Vette collection. :cheers

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
With your extensive collection I would have bought the dubs just for the sake of it. But generally I don't like those and think they look cheap in a collection as complete and impressive as yours. :310

I'm looking forward in presenting my McLaren collection in a similar way some day....

·
Registered
218 Posts
if your at all interested in it and its not to expensive i'd get it...

I dont really mind Jada that much, that is what they do, It dosent interest me, so I dont buy them. Muscle Machines as well, which makes similarly out of proportion cars, made a run of 1/64 JGTC cars, and I bought a few, but they where in scale, so thats how they got my business.

The one that really bugs me is Maisto and their Playerz and Pro Rodz series or Hot Wheels and the 310 stuff, which is all the stores sell anymore... You use to go to WalMart or Target, and they would have some regular release Maistos or Hot Wheels, and sometimes you would find a real gem, but now it's all they stock; the Dubed out cars at the expense of the regular cars, which really irks me, but i guess that is what sells now... (although WalMart seems to have Regular Hot Wheels 1/18s still, Ive seen tons of the Cobra concept now, but I want the AM V8 and Minichamps 12, at a reasonable price!! the AMV8 is 35 at the local hobby shop !!)

Okay, rant over.....

If you like the Dub Vette, Go for it!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have a *separate* collection of about 25 DUB 1:24s. I say separate, because I don't want to mix them with my 1:18s. Scale is off, and they just don't look good together. DUB 1:18s are like 1:16, and their 1:24s are like 1:20.

I have the black DUB Sting Ray in 1:24 scale, and it's pretty cool :cheers

1 - 20 of 29 Posts