DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
merc
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be interested to know what everyone thinks about how important the weight of a particular diecast model is to them. I don't think that 'the heavier the better' is always necessarily true. For example whilst my BBR Enzo is pretty heavy my Jadi TVR tuscan is heavier but one cost £150+ whilst the other was around £20.

I personally would much rather have a model that looks good than one that looks worse but is heavy. Also as cars mainly sit on the shelf does it really matter how much they weigh if they look good?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
:iagree I never understood why some people feel heavy the car the better :confused but some may bring this to light for us.

I have the AUTOart R32 GTR Nissan Skyline models & they are feather weights & very detailed, so I am happy with looks & don't care about the light weight of it.

Good question btw.

:cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I don't care about the weight...

....though I'm get very surprised when I catch a heavy model such as the Arnage. For me, as long as the model is well reproduce and the details are good, the weight makes no difference to me.

And :iagree heavier don't mean better!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I agree, a heavier model feels more substantial and well built, but it doesn't mean it is. While I admit I like the feel of the big hunk of metal in my hands, a lighter car is easier on shelves. Then again, if someone ever breaks into my apartment and I need a good weapon...

G

·
Maybe many of us mistook heaviness as More Metals? I do like models to be heavy but at the sametime, it must be well-built. Models are heavy mainly because of Thick metals are used...just look at CMC models, they have so much metals parts in them and yet they are not the heaviest models around because they are using aluminium, pressed copper etc for the body. So instead of heavy models, I prefer 'high-contained metals' models. Thats one of the reasons why I like CMC models so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.