DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's great to see all you new members here. Please don't be shy. Join in the discussions to share your knowledge, thoughts, photos, and anything remotely related to diecasts. If English is not your monther-tongue, don't worry. Everyone tries their best to communicate with one another.

To get you oriented around the forum, you'll find good information at DX Forum Help and Guidelines. There are a few important bits of information about things like banners and posting/linking photos.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to post your question or PM any one of the moderators and we'll try to reply to you as soon as we can.

In addition, please put yourself on the DX Forum Map. Put your country/city "on the map"! Simply click on the map below and you will be brought to the Frappr Map page. :cheers

JimmyD
DubCollector
Hussein
F355Man
Mac2771
stinger1987
boristung
Corax
modellautoseite
mabil
valos
mICK
sunmilly500
Biggie
nova519
nascarhauler
GNRfan
Campione Ferrari
rick
steven segal
jpasquini
adiarmuid
beon
BradV
asdrubal
casually0322
modellautos
BTTF
tintu
MB220D
market000
little cossie
rails
tifosi_forever
impalamatt
kpt.Budha
rejeanb
jitoot
whatIdo
The Diecast Queen
Papst
run4free
chapparrel
Tomp
kyo
D.J.
cdaus_4
Darth
Rossi46
Snoopafella
viperlud68
headcase
PeterWu
lwduenas
911 GT2
joe1/18

G

·
You made the right choice in joining DX :goodjob

Hope you enjoy the forums ....jump right into the topics anytime you want . :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Welcome to DX!

G

·
Thanks everyone! I'm Hans, one of the new guys, completely new to car model collecting but have collected airliner models for 20 years.

I live in Sweden and drive a Volvo (how surprising!), so I collect Volvos - preferably "my" S60 which I understand is not available in 1/18th scale.. :( but at least Minichamps has several of them in 1/43.

My other big love in cars is Mercedes-Benz. I try to collect all models of the W115 as we had two MB 220D/8s of 1969 and 1971 vintage when I was a kid. Apparently SunStar and AutoArt are both releasing 1/18 models of this beauty during 2006! :) Also collecting other Mercedes cars, latest additions to the collection are Maisto's CLS and CLK-DTM 2002. Busy learning all different Mercedes variations and I visit the local dealer quite often for this purpose! Nice pastime... especially looking at the display cabinets they have for their merchandise.

My biggest problem right now is finding a place to display my new car models. I've already had to store several of my airplane models to make place in my cabinets!

I'll do my best to contribute, but seeing I'm a total newbie to the car diecast world I'll probably spend most of my time here reading and learning. If anyone has questions about diecast airliners, just ask!

Best regards Hans, 40km north of Stockholm, Sweden

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
:wave :welcome :cheers :cheers :welcome :wave
:welcome WELCOME TO ALL NEW MEMBERS !!

:wave :welcome :cheers :cheers :welcome :wave

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Hi Hans and thanks for the intersting introduction.
I hope you get a chance to show us some pics of your airliners. I try very hard to stay away from planes as they could get me in some real trouple if I started collecting them but I would love to have a De Havillind (sp?) Comet in scale.
I also favor MB cars, I have been re-discovering some of my favorite Mercedes model the last couple of weeks and have come to the conclusion that I am a MB fan :lol

Wouldn't mind a Volvo Amazon either

Anyway, glad to have you with us here on DX :cheers

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Welcome everyone, just go ahead and jump right in. Pics are always welcome, as are questions on just about anything; someone on here will be able to give you an answer. And if they can't, other's of us will just make one up! :giggle

You've come to the right place for information on diecast.

:cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.