DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the CK blog posting 7/1/2022.

"While we are at novelties: With our own label WERK83, we will release six models in scale 1:18 on the market in the first quarter of 2022. Fans of the unforgettable German Racing Championship can look forward to it. You can also find out which models are involved and what makes them so special on our blog. Be curious!"
Some look suspiciously like the upcoming MCG race subjects.....
Wheel Car Vehicle Picture frame Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently received a 2022 brochure from CK, and it looks as though the source for these models might be CMR rather than MCG.
The images for the Capri and M1 show opening doors, although I can't figure out if the front wheels can steer.
Being from CMR is encouraging, not the least because the Jagermeister Capri has the NACA intake on the bonnet.
Something that Minichamps didn't include, which is why I hesitated to get one at the time.
DUH!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I dissagree with the naca instake Slarti.
Minichamps had it on the Jagermeister car.

But for the price its a steal to get it from werk83 if you missed out on the minichamps.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sergio.
I seem to remember the images of the Capri at the time didn't have the opening!
Although this shows my memory is faulty.
Damn......
Now all I can hope for is someone with a Minichamps will panic when they see the Werk83 models on e-bay at such prices.:>)
Anyway, I have four of the other versions/schemes.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So both IXO and this brand are releasing the Le Mans Dauers?

My guess is that CK are using various manufacturers to produce the models.
All of the modern diecast scene appears to be a stew of sources for any particular model.
And that includes Minichamps with their stuff.
Perhaps (hopefully) Minichamps will realise they are now one player in a crowded market and that Solido have moved the goalposts.
And bring back their excellent products of the past - it's the only way they will now stand out.
They were to introduce sealed E30 M3 racers and the E21 Group 5 cars and have been beaten to the draw by others.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Zakspeed Capri (Jagermeister) arrived today, and naturally for the price there are compromises.
Grills are solid plastic, although there would be nothing behind them anyway on this model.
The slats on the bonnet are open, with a simple plastic scoop underneath (which is correct).
The seatbelts are laughable, being very poor decals which on a model with opening doors could have been a bit more realistic.
I will of course correct this with a p/e set and fabric material.
The biggest issue is the rally type ride height at the front, which is unforgivable - this should have been an easy fix during the design phase.
I am in the process of correcting this at the expense of the connected steering wheel, something that doesn't bother me.
I will probably buy one of the MCG versions, which represent an earlier non ground effect version for comparison.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't remember seeing any reference to this until now.
I doubt it's based on anything that has been lost to the industry, although perhaps it originated with some company I can't remember.

Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire Automotive design

This is also new from these guys, mostly a new paint job - although from the images it looks as though the front ride height has been corrected.
It doesn't have the ground effects tunnel (correct), it still has the wide bonnet slats and mirrors in the door window (wrong).

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is also new from these guys, mostly a new paint job - although from the images it looks as though the front ride height has been corrected.
It doesn't have the ground effects tunnel (correct), it still has the wide bonnet slats and mirrors in the door window (wrong).

Strangely enough, there are two sets of pictures of this car doing the rounds. At CK-modelcars, the ride hide at the front is still way to high.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is also some doubt over the yellow strips along the front and on the sides.
The Minichamps version has a darker yellow strip where the 'Halb und Halb' and 'Mampe' markings are on the real car at the bottom of the front splitter.
Yeah, I know - pure nerd! :LOL:

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Two more colour variations.
According to a source I have seen, it seems IXO are the source for the models - in spite of the fact that their models don't have opening doors.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive design

Incidentally, I have an old kit build article based on the old and inaccurate ESCI tooling which says this M1 ran at Le Mans with wider arches than the procar spec cars.
And the photos I have seen from Le Mans - at least - confirm this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts