DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to long ago I came upon some financial burdens that have resulted in a leave of absence from the hobby. Unfortunately that burden has ever been growing and at this point is overwhelming.

I'm being forced to sell whatever cars I can to catch up with the ton of bills I have idiotically accumulated over the last year and a half. The burden is slowly starting to strain on my relationship with my girlfiend which is unacceptable.

My collection has its share of Lanes, GMP, AutoArt etc.. The question I have for you guys is... unfortunately living in a 1 bedroom apartment I had no room for the boxes that the cars came in.. I put my cars up on bookcases and kept them as clean as possible.

Do you guys think anyone will buy cars that have no box? Im positive the prices will be dirt cheap..but at this point every dollar helps...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
aloow me to say I am sorry for your misfortune, but things always work their way out. Its part of the bigger plan. So keep your head up.

I certainly would buy a model without the box, as long as it is packaged well. Post what you have in the classifieds.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Sorry to hear that you will have to give up your models. :cry

I think you'll be able to sell them, but of course at a discount. A lot of buyers don't like to buy cars without a box mainly because of fear that the seller will not pack them right for shipping. So if you want to sell them without a hassle, you'll have to address this. And taking good pics of your cars will also help.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Man, that's painful to hear... Of course collectors would buy without boxes, as long as it arrives fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I very lucky to have access to a shipping center that lets me use their facility for packing..so I can pack my little heart away.

Not to long ago my girlfriend and I had a discussion about our future together and she promised that when things got better and we had a home of our own.. I would have a room just for me, to fill with anything I wanted.

I hope to keep a car or 2, or 3...as I just cant let a few go... and I know..that just like the real cars will never disappear..neither will the hobby for collecting the mini versions of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Such a massive shame, my collection would be the last thing l'd sell in financial troubles.

The very best of luck with any sales and hope you can get out of debt

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
It's a real bummer to hear things aren't quite going in your favour. But I tip my hat off to you for cherishing the relationship with your gf over your diecasts. Real friendships and relationships are always worth more than material things in my humble opinion. I think you can do okay in the sale of your cars eventhough it's without original boxes. All the best with that and clearing off your debts. :cheers

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
:iagree ...try to solve your financial problems and clear everything out with your G/F...and if you can keep some of your cars, keep the HTF...perhaps one day the sun will shine again....Best of luck to you and your G/F.. :cheers

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:iagree with Eddie, but things do get better (I should know)

As had been said before, you won't have any problems selling your diecasts, if they are packed well. I personally never keep the boxes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry to hear Interceptor.

Hope you'll be out of financial hardship as soon as possible. Goodluck with your sale and your G/F.

:cheers

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I will echo the sentiments of everyone in wishing you nothing but good luck with your situation and your upcomming sale.

Just remember, when shipping unboxed models Bubblewrap is your best friend, the more the better :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to hear about the situtaion your in, I'm sure it's very stressful.

But in the end you'll be better off with that weight off your shoulders... good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interceptor,

:iagree with what everyone has said. As much as I'd hate to part with my collection, the relationship with my wife is more valuable and it would help to get through these kinds of tough times(as it has before). The cars can be replaced, but I agree with trying to keep a couple as a motivating factor to get all things looked after and get right back on track.

Who knows, the diecast cleansing may give you time to refocus your collecting parameters.

I have bought many a non-boxed item and as long as they are packaged well, all should be fine. Make sure to support all fragile pices(ie: wings, etc), wrap gently with bubble wrap and package with lots of styro-peanuts/shredded newsprint.

Do list them here for us to see, as I'm sure if we can help out a fellow collector we will and you'd prolly feel better knowing where it is they are going. I know I would. :cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.