DiecastXchange Forum banner
2921 - 2940 of 3007 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had to double check the AutoArt Alfa TZ2 is actually 1:18, it's so tiny... The Exoto Cobra is a heavy chunk of diecast, not as fragile as other Exotos... still very detailed and a worthy addition to the collection.

AutoArt p/n: 70198, 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
Exoto p/n: RLG18125AC, 1962 AC Cobra 260 Competition #98, Bill Krause (first racing Cobra)

·
Super Moderator
5,622 Posts
Mxrz, you've posted thousands of dollars worth of models on every page 😅 I'm seriously impressed!

4 new models recently after a 6 month break, first one is this Autoart Lambo Diablo SV. I've wanted this since I started collecting, what a massive upgrade over the old Welly. Now I'm even more excited for the SE30 Jota and Autoart's other Diablo rereleases.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mxrz, you've posted thousands of dollars worth of models on every page 😅 I'm seriously impressed!
I'm afraid to add it all up... but this shopping spree is winding down. I have been funding these purchases mostly from selling off computer hardware I used to mine cryptocurrency. Now I have to divert most of my funds towards finishing my basement so I can create a nice showcase for the collection. This is my inspiration I found on Instagram. I forgot the name of the account though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
One more from today, a local diecast store pickup... Wasn't planning to buy this one, since I'm not that happy with the quality of the weathering, but I can't help it, I see exoto, I must have it... cash in hand, got a generous discount.

Exoto p/n: RLG18105SFL, 1976 Porsche 935 #40 Martini Racing (Le Mans, Group 5 winner, Stommelen/Schurti) Finish Line

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's been a while since I posted something here, some great adds are being shown, congrats everyone on those great models!

I've scored some good old UT Models in near mint state and several others in the meantime.

UT Models BMW 320i STW E36 Winkelhock:

UT Models BMW 320i STW E36 Cecotto:

UT Models BMW M3 E36 GTR:

Autoart Subaru Impreza WRC '99 Tour de Corse

Autoart Lamborghini Centenario. It looks more blue in the picture, but in reality it's definitely green as green can be. Camera couldn't capture the color properly:

Ottomobile BMW E30 325i Touring:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
One more from today, a local diecast store pickup... Wasn't planning to buy this one, since I'm not that happy with the quality of the weathering, but I can't help it, I see exoto, I must have it... cash in hand, got a generous discount.

Exoto p/n: RLG18105SFL, 1976 Porsche 935 #40 Martini Racing (Le Mans, Group 5 winner, Stommelen/Schurti) Finish Line
Nice add, mxrz, but I have to agree with you about the weathering. I have no interest in "post-race" versions of my race cars, but if I were, I'd apply the same critical eye to choosing the best and worst approaches to the art as with any other type of body paint and the ones that just apply lots of black spots to the livery are the worst of the lot.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Some real nice classics on this page.
@Mike K, I have the same blue SV. While the silver VT was my first choice, the SV just fell out of nowhere into my hands. I own it since 2007 and just recently managed to finally open the doors to get some pics for my insta page. They are that hard to open.

@crz, these UTs never fail to make me smile and getting these 3 gems on one go would make me estatic. The Valvoline livery is the best one on them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice add, mxrz, but I have to agree with you about the weathering. I have no interest in "post-race" versions of my race cars, but if I were, I'd apply the same critical eye to choosing the best and worst approaches to the art as with any other type of body paint and the ones that just apply lots of black spots to the livery are the worst of the lot.
I'm thinking about letting my friend that is good at this stuff, to add to the weathering, slightly, to make it more realistic... The model didn't come with a box, so I'm not that concerned about resale value.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Few adds this weekend...

1/18 1991 Porsche 911 Targa - GT Spirit

1/18 2017 Dodge Viper GTS-R - AutoArt

1/18 2019 Porsche 911 RSR LeMans - Spark

1/18 2017 McLaren 720S Coupe - AutoArt

1/18 2020 Audi RS4 Avant Polezei - GT Spirit

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I seem to have something delivered every few days lately. More 1/43rd babies as I try to make up for the lack of old Ford GT40 variants in 1/18th:

Here are two Ixo Ford GT40 Mk. IIBs from the 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans. Very nicely done except for the oversized and slightly off-camber outside dual rear mirrors:

And a beautiful Truescale Miniatures 1/43rd Trans-Am Chevy Camaro as prepared by Chaparral Cars and driven by Mr. Chaparral himself, Jim Hall, in his last race in 1970:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
It's raining Beemers! I'm still waiting on delivery of the AUTOart #10 635 CSi that I posted here last week, the 3rd place car in the 1986 24 Hours of Spa European Touring Car Championship event.

Well, today I won the winner of that race, its #11 teammate (seller's pic):

2921 - 2940 of 3007 Posts