DiecastXchange Forum banner
2961 - 2980 of 3007 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I won this on eBay yesterday (after setting my alarm for 5:10 a.m. to be awake and watching for auction end to facilitate my sniping), making it my second Jean-Pierre Jabouille Exoto Renault purchased in a month (seller pic):

Once it arrives (likely in a month or so), these two will be the subjects of one of my combo reviews and histories, with a decided emphasis on discussing model manufacturer's commitment (or lack thereof) to accuracy. Just to get my juices flowing for this add, I watched YouTube highlights of the 1980 Austrian Grand Prix - that this model is supposed to commemorate - and what immediately became obvious on viewing was that 1) it wasn't raining, so why did Exoto make such a big deal about the diecast being issued wearing rain shoes? and 2) the nicely appointed silver front wings are completely missing from both this car and its teammate #16.

Old issues, particularly for a long out-of-production model, but still fun subjects to debate....

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The problem with buying a set like this, is now I need a rolling chassis for my other Exoto Chaparrals... the spending never ends.

Exoto p/n: RLG18162X, 1966 Chaparral Type 2E #65 & rolling chassis (Phill Hill, Montery grand prix, winner)
I've never been a fan of the Exoto "rolling chassis", seeing them as just a method of jacking up prices, but like you, I love this model (and all the Chaps and am still pushing for so many of the other versions, going back to the original front-engined Troutman & Barnes Chaparral 1, to be released in the larger scale). But my 2E's are still my faves.

By the way, just one 'l' in 'Phil" ;).

Earlier this evening, I filled another long-time gap in my collection by snapping up this near-mint Exoto Ferrari 312T (seller's pic) at a great price:

Back in 2010 I bought this model. But during shipping from Australia, the poorly packed model was deranged, another of my diecast disasters, so I returned it for a full refund. Never got this close to picking up a replacement until now...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've never been a fan of the Exoto "rolling chassis", seeing them as just a method of jacking up prices, but like you, I love this model (and all the Chaps and am still pushing for so many of the other versions, going back to the original front-engined Troutman & Barnes Chaparral 1, to be released in the larger scale). But my 2E's are still my faves.

By the way, just one 'l' in 'Phil" ;).

Earlier this evening, I filled another long-time gap in my collection by snapping up this near-mint Exoto Ferrari 312T (seller's pic) at a great price:
Back in 2010 I bought this model. But during shipping from Australia, the poorly packed model was deranged, another of my diecast disasters, so I returned it for a full refund. Never got this close to picking up a replacement until now...
That's nice, I need one of those too. I did just win the 312 T4 on eBay (#11, Schecketer, world champion), even though that's a bit of a sacrilege, given I live in Quebec, so I should have went for the #12 Gilles Villeneuve car. I'm focusing now on acquiring all major versions of the Ferrari 312 and Porsche 917... there are quite a few, and some are seriously pricey (CMC 312P) and others are poorly detailed (Autoart 917K and LH, Minichamps 917/10 and 917/20) so the only way I will have a 917K with all the internal detail, is to build the Model Factory Hiro kit in 1/12 scale... something I'll reserve for the winter months.

·
Forza Ferrari!
508 Posts
Bought the new Norev Benz Big Boat :)

Reactions: D N'D-Land and crz

·
Super Moderator
13,301 Posts
Wanted one of these for a long time to go with my 1/6 version and 1/6 Engine to eventually sit on top of the Engine case. It's the GMP GREER, BLACK, PRUDHOMME #33 TOP FUEL DRAGSTER 1:18 SCALE

·
Super Moderator
13,301 Posts
Isn't it funny how i started to look and logged in on CK and then they sent me a one off 10% discount code so just bought these two models.
Citroen 2CV France 3 year 1983 white / blue 1:12 Z-Models

And this Beauty.
Jaguar Mk11 1960 Grey Gun Met 12ART-FINE-MODEL-CARS 1:12 12ART1001051 Model

2961 - 2980 of 3007 Posts