DiecastXchange Forum banner
3101 - 3120 of 3187 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
As I scour the internet for subjects of interest that are becoming harder and harder to find for less than the cost of a body part, I started eyeing a category I previously ignored, modern GT cars (many of what fall into my despised "supercar" category). But this car caught my eye, a full-featured diecast Ferrari 575 GTC Maranello by Kyosho, a race-winner too (2003 Estoril FIA GT race) and at a very reasonable price, so last night I scored this (seller's pic):

Since I had just passed on the opportunity to spend mondo bucks I really can't afford on a model I already have for the outside chance to flip it, I issued a sigh of relief at this add!
how is that 575 on overall detail? all the pics i've seen of it show it to be be pretty good but i havent seen any good close ups of the engine bay or underside. been thinking about maybe picking this one up if i find a good deal.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
how is that 575 on overall detail? all the pics i've seen of it show it to be be pretty good but i havent seen any good close ups of the engine bay or underside. been thinking about maybe picking this one up if i find a good deal.
Once I receive it and look it over, I'll let you know with pics. I have four Kyosho Ferrari 250 GTOs that I'm very happy with so have high hopes this will be at least classic Minichamps-level of quality.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I heard the interior is very well done, but the engine detail is somewhat basic.

Rob has a review of it up on his channel a while ago:

Not sure if this one is exactly the one you have in mind though.

I've considered the model a couple times. It's a looker. The prices on them are still sane too.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I heard the interior is very well done, but the engine detail is somewhat basic.

Rob has a review of it up on his channel a while ago

Not sure if this one is exactly the one you have in mind though.

I've considered the model a couple times. It's a looker. The prices on them are still sane too.
I went online too and found several vids of unboxings and reviews of the several Kyosho race versions. As expected, there are a lot of plastic parts (but it was priced accordingly so I have no problem with that). The interior is well-detailed, the trunk is racing-basic but I was disappointed at first at the engine bay, which has virtually no visible engine detail. Of course, my immediate response was to search for vids of the 1:1 and I found the exact version and liveried 575 GTC that my recent acquisition was based upon participating in a track day and, lo and behold, the engine bay actually IS that sparse, with lots of carbon fiber shapes concealing the engine bits and pieces from nearly every angle. So, more props to Kyosho for accuracy!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I havent bought a model for a long time however this arrived on the doorstep last week.
Spark 1/18 Aston Martin Vantage GTE 2020 Class Winner.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

Spark 1/18 Mercedes-AMG F1 W11 EQ Performance
My first new age F1 model because my latest year f1 model is from the years 1997.
This car is awefull Large compared to the old f1 diecast from the lets say 80' 90' first half 2000 era, the size is more a 1:17 1:16.

TSM 1/18 Mclaren F1 GTR Lemans 1995 the right one.
I had the Ut models version and i always holded of to update to the tsm version because of the QC issues.
Paint chips, color differences was the big thing for otherwise a great model. i believe the forum still has some topics from other members who has this yellow mclaren to.
But lately i saw this mclaren popping upon ebay and other retailers at a discount so i tought oh well i let roll the dice and order one.
Im probably lucky no paint chips or decal issues, the paint is still terrible but not so extreme that it is eyesore.
anyway happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had the Ut models version and i always holded of to update to the tsm version because of the QC issues.
I was in a similar place: I added TSM's F1 LM XP1 along side the orange UT Models version. Mine had a ton of paint chips and other problems, but it's among my favorite models because the interior and engine detail are absolutely beautiful.

On a side note, I remember when the retailers in my country had trouble selling these. They just sat and got discounted into the ground.

got this Welly Aston Martin DB9 yesterday. it is still a pretty decent budget model. it has some paint rash though.
Great color on the Aston Martin. Looks like it'll have some wonderful shelf presence.

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
Ah very cool, I love that merc. I have the same one that I disassembled and stripped and want to repaint it into a nice ferrari metallic brown

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Paint chips, color differences was the big thing for otherwise a great model. i believe the forum still has some topics from other members who has this yellow mclaren to.
But lately i saw this mclaren popping upon ebay and other retailers at a discount so i tought oh well i let roll the dice and order one.
Im probably lucky no paint chips or decal issues, the paint is still terrible but not so extreme that it is eyesore.
anyway happy with the purchase.
I'm loving the background of that shot - You seem to have more variants of the 956/962 than I do! :oops:

M

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Ah very cool, I love that merc. I have the same one that I disassembled and stripped and want to repaint it into a nice Ferrari metallic brown

You have the advantage that the car has the rear seats in place.
It shouldn't be too difficult to swap a set of fronts from a Norev W108 into it, if you are making a road car.
You would probably have to use the front and rear bumper to be 'road legal'.
I can't imagine the level of impracticality such a beast would be on the road in real life.
The noise, the fumes, the fuel consumption, the servicing costs.....
Let us know how difficult it has been to take yours apart.
I don't want to do that with any of mine, but information is always valuable!

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
Ah very cool, I love that merc. I have the same one that I disassembled and stripped and want to repaint it into a nice Ferrari metallic brown

You have the advantage that the car has the rear seats in place.
It shouldn't be too difficult to swap a set of fronts from a Norev W108 into it, if you are making a road car.
You would probably have to use the front and rear bumper to be 'road legal'.
I can't imagine the level of impracticality such a beast would be on the road in real life.
The noise, the fumes, the fuel consumption, the servicing costs.....
Let us know how difficult it has been to take yours apart.
I don't want to do that with any of mine, but information is always valuable!
it was very easy actually apart from the door cards. I believe 3 of them broke so I'll have to mend those

·
Super Moderator
12,631 Posts
Okay, I am impressed with BNDS true 1/64th scaled wheels
😊
also had to add another Tarmac Works C63 to the fold. However, one of my dream cars as a kid, the first time that I had ever seen a Toyota Crown (On tv in some 80s HK movie) I fell in love. This one is from Ignition Models in 1/18th scale plus a Lamborghini Estoque sedan concept.
😊

·
Registered
392 Posts
The 1/64 scale wheels look great.

But that Ignition Toyota Crown is something else:whistle:. Reminds me of the Cressidas I used to drool over as a kid. Boxy sedans for the win!

• Love
Reactions: D N'D-Land

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Third GMP Ferrari in the collection. After the recent release of the 512S, what are the chances GMP/ACME will make more classic Ferrari racers?

GMP p/n: G1804104, 1972 Ferrari 312PB #2, Ickx/Andretti (Daytona 6hrs, Winner)
GREAT add, mxrz 👏👏👏👏!

This is my favorite Masterpiece Collection issue; it is near-perfect, possibly because the 1:1 car's design minimizes the opportunities for GMP/Acme's usual issues (excessive ride height, fitting gaps, oversize rivets).

Sadly, when I was photographing mine, just as I was getting ready to put it back in its safe, secure box, the rear body shell slipped out of my hand and the fall broke off the two vertical fins 🥵🥵🥵🥵!

Now it's in my "mod" waiting list for repairs....

·
Registered
174 Posts
GREAT add, mxrz 👏👏👏👏!

This is my favorite Masterpiece Collection issue; it is near-perfect, possibly because the 1:1 car's design minimizes the opportunities for GMP/Acme's usual issues (excessive ride height, fitting gaps, oversize rivets).

Sadly, when I was photographing mine, just as I was getting ready to put it back in its safe, secure box, the rear body shell slipped out of my hand and the fall broke off the two vertical fins 🥵🥵🥵🥵!

Now it's in my "mod" waiting list for repairs....
You're right, the stance is better than the other Masterpiece Ferrari's, and overall, I like this model more than I expected. Now I feel like I want the other versions too, at least the Targa Florio #3, specially since the wing and rear body work look different enough from this version.

I have good quality cotton gloves for handling models, but I find handling difficult because it's so slippery with the gloves on... I hope you can fix yours (y)

·
Registered
174 Posts
A couple of Exoto Formula 1 cars from two very different eras. These two were quite pricey, but I'm not disappointed.

Exoto p/n: GPC97194, 1953 Ferrari Tipo 500 F2 Long Nose #18, Jacques Swaters (Berlin GP, Winner)
Exoto p/n: GPC97100, 1990 Ferrari Tipo 641/2 #2 Nigel Mansell (Grand Prix Mexico, 2nd)

3101 - 3120 of 3187 Posts