DiecastXchange Forum banner
3361 - 3380 of 3389 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
OK - after a really expensive acquisition some weeks ago I promised not to buy any new 1/18 for the rest of the year.
But last week I got the following 2 models so cheap that it would have been simply stupid to let them go (both won on eBay):

#1 A really nice and heavy diecast of NASCAR Chevy Monte Carlo 2003 (came without box for just 32.50€):
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

#2 AA CLK GTR "Original Teile" (came near mint in original box but without Mercedes star for below 100€)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Maybe next year I will repaint to silver and/or convert to street car...

·
Registered
870 Posts
The CLK GTR is awesome. If the livery isn't cracked I would recommend to keep it that way and try to source an alternative star. This model has become rare, especially in good condition. It's one of my favorite racemodels in my collection.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The CLK GTR is awesome. If the livery isn't cracked I would recommend to keep it that way and try to source an alternative star. This model has become rare, especially in good condition. It's one of my favorite racemodels in my collection.
Maybe next year I will repaint to silver and/or convert to street car...

No! :>(
Sacrilege! :>( :>(
The star in metal is available on e-bay. :cool:
Thanks guys - I hear your voice!

I will need some time to decide what to do and part of this decision will definitely be to have the model in front of my lens as it is.
Of course a replacement star in metal has already been ordered. ;)

The overall condition of the model is really good including the large decals.
I am just thinking that plain silver is the natural colour for a CLK GTR, isn't it?
So this would lead to a pure repaint of the race car or additionally to a swap of the rear wing with the one of the street car.

But leaving it as it for sure is an option too...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah, you're right - GT Spirit did a really nice version!
But for me this is no option because of 2 reasons:
1) It's sealed.
2) The Coupe is meanwhile almost as rare as the AA and prices are insane... :(

But don't worry too much:
Last year I bought a AA MC12 GT1 with the idea to repaint it to an orange Versione Corsa
At the end I didn't have the heart to disassemble and strip this gorgeous model... ;)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The black coupe is still around for a decent price. Also more rare, only 500 pieces made. But it came out recently so they're still available.
Interesting - never seen a black coupe by GT Spririt.
Can find only a black roadster…(?)

BTW: Today I took some pictures of my blue AA CLK GTR.
It has an awesome presence in the photos and I decided to leave it as it is.
(A new star will be added of course…)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not nearly as fancy as other members here, but I've been on the hunt for the Kyosho 300ZX Twin Turbo for awhile now and just got one in today:

IMG_0260 by Mike M, on Flickr

It matches well with my user-modified / detailed (not by me, but by someone before I bought it) Jouef Evoltion version of the 300ZX.

My only gripe is that the condition isn't as good as I had hoped. When I bid on it, the hood prop rod was sticking out of the hood and I saw a small chip on the inner edge of the hood. I gambled that this was as bad as it got and when I received the car, I realized I lost the gamble. The leading edge of the hood is chipped, the blackout coating under the hood is scratched and the fender is chipped a little. It wouldn't be so bad if the hood sat fully flush, but I think the years of the prop rod sticking out misaligned the hood enough for it to not sit flush. I tried some slight pressure to align but it didn't help.

That being said, these cars were last produced in the mid-late 90s and they're quite hard to find and getting one at the price point I did (under $140 shipped to me) was hard to pass up. It's not like I can return it to the seller and ask for an undamaged one as there simply are only a finite amount left to go around.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Crikey, three beautiful CMCs there. The Maserati 300s is high on my list - what a stunner. Maybe you should get the rolling chassis to go with it now!!
Thanks, Jim, i have the rolling chassis as well to this they are all stunning pieces of Art. Just need the Lancia D50 Rolling Cassis and i have all four of the rolling Chassis's, then to get the D50 model.:love:

3361 - 3380 of 3389 Posts