DiecastXchange Forum banner
4521 - 4540 of 4551 Posts

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I have always been in love with the Gulf Porsche 917 LHs from the 1971 24 Hours of Le Mans (though none of the Langhecks finished the race) so I wanted to get the #18 Pedro Rodriguez/Jackie Oliver mate to my 1/18th AUTOart #17 Jo Siffert/ Derk Bell. I had no luck when I ordered a custom-converted version made from another AA #17 (poor packaging for shipping by the seller) so I reluctantly considered the CMR version, though the fact that it's sealed and resin kept me from making it happen for over a couple of years.

But today, I finally did (internet pic):
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
So I reluctantly considered the CMR version, though the fact that it's sealed and resin kept me from making it happen for over a couple of years.

I have several CMR models, and all are diecast metal....
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, I did not know that (I decided to use a colorful euphemism instead of my real response)! I am aware that there have been Classic Model Replicars releases that feature opening doors (Mazda 787B), but always thought they split between metal and diecast like AA and BBR now do.

I'll consider that a bonus - thanks, slarti!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hang on hang on, don't butter your butt/biscuit just yet - I think the 917 longtail is resin. I don't have one but always assumed it was from the photos I've seen of it. I wouldn't mind though, resin or metal - it's still sealed, but if it's like the Ferrari 512Ss I have, it'll be very nicely finished and will have a decent weight to it.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Hang on hang on, don't butter your butt/biscuit just yet - I think the 917 longtail is resin. I don't have one but always assumed it was from the photos I've seen of it. I wouldn't mind though, resin or metal - it's still sealed, but if it's like the Ferrari 512Ss I have, it'll be very nicely finished and will have a decent weight to it.
I just checked a couple of ads on eBay and, though many skip reporting this detail, they both say it's resin 🤨...

4521 - 4540 of 4551 Posts