DiecastXchange Forum banner
4841 - 4860 of 4904 Posts

·
Administrator
34,987 Posts
Just bought this off the bay, looks nice in red but was looking at the Yellow one too, happy with Red version. It's the only one i have seen for sale on the bay so i hope it is a real seller. Comes with two roof versions, closed or open/rolled to one end.
KK-Scale 1:12 FIAT 500 RED 1968 diecast model - KKDC120031
View attachment 283055
Yeah man!! I love I love the old 500's!! I don't usually do 1/12 scale but will for a car I really like!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
This came the other day, and in between external matters I have added some detail which I will show in the workbench thread.
Took out the seat and repainted a much brighter shade, in this case Ford Radiant red (as supplied the colour is too insipid).
Fitted seat belts with hardware.
Lowered front suspension - this was much easier than on my earlier Jagermeister version - WERK83/IXO seem to have reworked the front, but not enough for me.
Added p/e bonnet locks, the decals fitted to the model cover these 'bumps' making them invisible....
Relocated the door mirrors to the top of the doors which is correct for 1978, the location as seen in this stock image is where they moved to from 1979.
Look at the box imagine in the background - the mirrors are in the windows, and the windscreen strip is also a 1979 change and that race numbers are not on show.
Also note the different bonnet slats, wider on the model which did not appear until 1980

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Wheel

·
Super Moderator
13,761 Posts
Yeah man!! I love I love the old 500's!! I don't usually do 1/12 scale but will for a car I really like!
Thanks Craig, not seen this too often advertised anywhere and its only in the last few months it's been shown so quite surprised to see it on Ebay, and they are fairly cheap for 1/12 models(around £120 all in), it's just been posted out to me today it says so at this moment looks a legit sale ? There is something about these little cars that have such charm to them and are Great to see up close in the larger scale, i can see why you like it too.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I went to the Alfa Romeo shoe outlet
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

I also got this the other day, after having various ones with issues, repairs needed over the years. FINALLY new never out of the box with perfect paint and packaging for $250 shipped:). One of the 'heroes of Tamiya' for us 70's/80's kids.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

And ONE more this week, another I've had various ones with some issues or another, probably at least 4 of them over time. Absolutely perfect with no rash, perfect everything and a great box for $140 shipped

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

ETA And a blurry pic to boot...

I've been on a huge focus kick freeing up shelves to favorites, boxing maybes, duplicates(don't need 8+934's at once), and selling some off that I got as deals or just because. And then promptly bought 4 or 5 more.... :oops:

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
This one just arrived yesterday. Ugh, had I waited a few hours later, I could have gotten it for 15 euros less due to Singles Day Sales! Nevertheless, I am happy to have this color! Much better than my old Frozen blue one.. 😊
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
This one just arrived yesterday. Ugh, had I waited a few hours later, I could have gotten it for 15 euros less due to Singles Day Sales! Nevertheless, I am happy to have this color! Much better than my old Frozen blue one.. 😊
Heh, I bought a CMC Alfa last week from MM Diecast on ebay, the day it arrived(perfect model for this one, of course) ebay ran a 10% diecast coupon :confused:

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
It's been a while since I've added anything and I haven't posted pics of my recent ones (hopefully by next week), but I had a couple of adds this weekend that pleased me. One is from a sketchy provider so I'll wait until it actually arrives, but the second was a snipe on eBay this morning - brand new and saved a lot over the MSRP in the process, so I'm pleased (internet pic):

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

This is slightly more old school than most of my targets, but I joined a Facebook group dedicated to "the glory days" of motorsports and being inundated with personal pics and stories of some of the greatest names in the sport day after day inspired me to take this step. I was eyeballing these from the time they were announced anyway and have been fascinated with Briggs Cunningham's campaign to win Le Mans with American cars for many years so this was definitely a catch for me.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
This is slightly more old school than most of my targets, but I joined a Facebook group dedicated to "the glory days" of motorsports and being inundated with personal pics and stories of some of the greatest names in the sport day after day inspired me to take this step. I was eyeballing these from the time they were announced anyway and have been fascinated with Briggs Cunningham's campaign to win Le Mans with American cars for many years so this was definitely a catch for me.

Is this opening or sealed, diecast or resin?

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
It wasn't on my "buy list", but it does fit my collection. Incredible how well these old UT models hold up. Almost no rash, better than some of my brand new models.
Yup, still a great diecast from back in the day. And one of a few from the time where all 4 doors open. If I recall correctly, as mine is stored away now, it's the '96 version which used analog gauges and the floor shifter. Much nicer than the digital gauges and column shifter.

I also got this 1/18 Chevy Caprice Classic by GL. This is how a box body Chevy really looks, not like those MCG ones... MCG really does everything nice now but not their box body Chevy shapes....
Love it! I prefer the later models, as that's what I grew up with, but this one looks sharp. I'm assuming only the front doors open?

I have this mental picture of a 'design team' placing one large box on the floor and two smaller ones front and rear.
HA HA, we're getting paid to do this by those in grey suits on the top floor..... :LOL:
I know you jest, but it was a big risk GM took to downsize their best selling car losing 4-5 feet and 1000 lbs while maintaining interior and trunk volume and improving fuel mileage. And the box did it!!! Hail to the 📦!
🤣🤣

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Sealed resin (bows head in shame)...
No shame in this choice.
There is less than 0% chance you will get it any other way.
I know the story of these cars, but I should think that too few others would have any clue to that effort all those years ago (and no, I wasn't at the event!).
I asked more in hope than expectation.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I was eyeballing these from the time they were announced anyway and have been fascinated with Briggs Cunningham's campaign to win Le Mans with American cars for many years so this was definitely a catch for me.
Very nice add! I was always fascinated by Cunningham's attempt at Le Mans with the Corvettes and Cadillacs. Nice to see it replicated in 1:18.

4841 - 4860 of 4904 Posts