DiecastXchange Forum banner
4861 - 4880 of 4904 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yup, still a great diecast from back in the day. And one of a few from the time where all 4 doors open. If I recall correctly, as mine is stored away now, it's the '96 version which used analog gauges and the floor shifter. Much nicer than the digital gauges and column shifter.
Unfortunately, all 4 doors don't open on the UT Impala SS models. Yours might be the Impala SS 510 Concept from AUTOart where all 4 doors open. That's a much rarer and pricier model these days.
Oddly enough, the rear doors on the UT models were a separate piece glued on, making me wonder if modding it to open might be a possibility.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Very nice add! I was always fascinated by Cunningham's attempt at Le Mans with the Corvettes and Cadillacs. Nice to see it replicated in 1:18.
Don't know if you are aware of this, but Replicarz has Cunningham's 1950 Le Mans entries, the Cadillac and Le Monstre, on its list of future releases. These still could be a couple of years away, but if you would be interested in them, feel free to let them know!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Car

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Don't know if you are aware of this, but Replicarz has Cunningham's 1950 Le Mans entries, the Cadillac and Le Monstre, on its list of future releases.
This I did not know. Le Monstre is a quirky racer. Wouldn't fit my collection, but still glad someone replicated it. I do like the the Series 61. Amazing how both finished the race! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Best spec for the LaF IMO. (y)

About 2 weeks ago I saw BBR offering ~50 pieces on their homepage and felt really tempted.
At the end I remained only at the fence (because I have a FXX-K Evo with this colour scheme) and watched how they sold out within a few hours. Impressive to see!

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
In spite of the infuriating (and almost certainly avoidable) accuracy issues I had to get one because of the low price.
What is interesting about this model - and the Le Mans car which I didn't buy because I already have the very nice
TSM version is that the rear wing and engine cover are a separate piece held in by two screws....
I will be improving the seatbelts and doing something with the area between the headlights with some suitable mesh.
Solido.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Very nice add! I was always fascinated by Cunningham's attempt at Le Mans with the Corvettes and Cadillacs. Nice to see it replicated in 1:18.
It has been done in 1:43 pretty completely. There are always more needed but they have a good start.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport

·
American Expat In Europe
13,164 Posts
1987-90 Honda (Acura) Legend Coupe KA3
Well, we've reached that era from when cars that I remember from my very early teen/college days (as a friend had a black one at CCS) are now considered vintage. This one just arrived from Japan.
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Hood
Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
97 Posts
Kyosho 2014 Audi A8L D4 facelift (in the US, we didn't get the facelift until MY2015). Long discontinued and I wanted black, so I was happy to get it for a reasonable price including shipping and tax from Japan. Got here astoundingly fast, it was just shipped on the 19th! Perfect condition except for some light paint rash on the doors and trunk, which I expected since I've read it's normal for Kyoshos of this vintage.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I finally received my CMC Ferrari 275 GTB/C race versions after preordering them in Jan. 2018 and Sept. 2021. Absolute gems.

CMC Ferrari 275 GTB/C 1966, chassis #09015, Le Mans 1966, Biscaldi / De Bourbon #26
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

CMC Ferrari 275 GTB/C 1966, chassis #09057, Spa Classic 2012 & 2013, Gaye #55
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

And also these two AA. The Aston is superb, really well made. The LFA is closing a gap in my collection.

AUTOart Aston-Martin DBS Superleggera
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

AUTOart Lexus LFA
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

4861 - 4880 of 4904 Posts