DiecastXchange Forum banner
5101 - 5120 of 5213 Posts

· Premium Member
338 Posts
You have got to be Falcon kidding me! It is about Falcon time! What the Falcon! Ok, that is all I have.

And still there is this belief that those of us outside OZ/NZ couldn't possibly be interested in an easier source for such models.
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

For those interested, I have updated the image of my Dan Gurney McLaren above....
Yep, Carlectables seems to be content with AU only. I am not sure why they wouldn’t want to expand their niche in the market (even though it is not a huge market, but there must be a distributor in other parts of the world that would handle distribution for not a huge cost). Unless they have done those calculations and it is too costly for their low production runs.

· Registered
821 Posts
McLaren Mercedes MP4/11, Mika Hakkinen 1996 (Minichamps)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/12, Mika Hakkinen 1997 (Minichamps)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/13, Mika Hakkinen 1998 - World Champion (Minichamps)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/14, Mika Hakkinen 1999 - World Champion (Minichamps)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/15, Mika Hakkinen 2000 (Minichamps, Dealer Edition)
McLaren Mercedes MP4-98T, Mika & Erja Hakkinen Lapland 17 April 2000 (Minichamps, Limited to 1999pcs)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/16, Mika Hakkinen 2001 (Minichamps, Dealer Edition)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/17, David Coulthard 2002 (Minichamps)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/17D, David Coulthard 2003 (Minichamps)

· Registered
5,165 Posts
@ws6_22: I love the 917! Is it the Minichamps or Exoto version?
Plus the Exoto boxes under it....

I got something I've been chasing literally for years, the Minichamps Porsche Carrera 6 (906) that won the 1966 Targa Florio overall driven by "Wild Willy" Mairesse (his 2nd win in the race) and Herbert Müller (his 1st of two wins). It's a bit worse for wear, with a repaired mirror and a missing right front spoiler, but still is a catch (seller's pic):
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Registered
223 Posts
Hongqi H9. Wasn't on my list, but it's just such an interesting looking car, with the mishmash of styles: boxy, formal, upright front end, but sporty, fastback-shape from windshield on back. Like the automotive equivalent of a mullet: business up front, party in the rear. Plus with the reasonable price, I couldn't resist. I was quite surprised by the weight, it just might be my heaviest model. The bottom is all metal.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
338 Posts
Plus the Exoto boxes under it....

I got something I've been chasing literally for years, the Minichamps Porsche Carrera 6 (906) that won the 1966 Targa Florio overall driven by "Wild Willy" Mairesse (his 2nd win in the race) and Herbert Müller (his 1st of two wins). It's a bit worse for wear, with a repaired mirror and a missing right front spoiler, but still is a catch (seller's pic):
a beauty! Another chase :)

· Registered
5,165 Posts
This top one’s hood (bonnet) shows what I give for Biante post 2017 paint jobs. CC Commodore.
2017 Biante, so paint is good (I wonder if new ones are wraps). I am sticking to pre-2017 Biante only I think.
I'm not a Supercars follower, but those models look gorgeous! Are they resin or - dare I ask? - diecast?

· Premium Member
338 Posts
I'm not a Supercars follower, but those models look gorgeous! Are they resin or - dare I ask? - diecast?
These are diecast; only resin for me is either Tecnomodel or BBR. Everything opens on the Classic Carlectables Commodore and the Biante has all opening parts except the trunk (boot). I will snap a couple photos tomorrow.

· Registered
491 Posts
Hongqi H9. Wasn't on my list, but it's just such an interesting looking car, with the mishmash of styles: boxy, formal, upright front end, but sporty, fastback-shape from windshield on back. Like the automotive equivalent of a mullet: business up front, party in the rear. Plus with the reasonable price, I couldn't resist. I was quite surprised by the weight, it just might be my heaviest model. The bottom is all metal.
I have never, ever, heard or seen this car before. Interesting purchase, congrats.

5101 - 5120 of 5213 Posts