DiecastXchange Forum banner
5121 - 5140 of 5213 Posts

· Premium Member
338 Posts
A rescue - some issues, but price was right and it shined up well. CC Ford Falcon Bathurst

Great purchase, which makes me very jealous.
No less than Jacky Ickx was the co-driver with Moffat in this car, which makes him a real rarity in OZ - a 100% winning record.
I wish the trunk fit well on it, but it’s acceptable. I just consider it a raced version that missed the rock.
:)

· Registered
223 Posts
I have never, ever, heard or seen this car before. Interesting purchase, congrats.
It's a Chinese luxury brand. They export to a few other countries, but not many. The model is made by Century Dragon. @D N'D-Land posted a great review of it here:

Check Youtube vids for the real car if you want to see some really extravagant signature LED lighting.

Just got this one today. Vintage Norev with some paint rash, but it's not severe so I think I can fix it.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

I couldn't bring myself to get the Mission Models version even though it would have been a lot cheaper and new. Just too many inaccurate details.

· Registered
5,165 Posts
They were nearly giving these away at one point.
I often considered one, but by the time I decided I wanted one, the prices had climbed...

M
Preachin' to the choir! My first time buying one, I got it for - wait for it! - $117 brand new from a model retailer, not a private citizen or eBay. Naturally I sold it for a markup but replacing it - with a used one - cost me more 😢...

· Registered
7,661 Posts
I wish the trunk fit well on it, but it’s acceptable. I just consider it a raced version that missed the rock.

The 1977 race was almost without issue, except many years later Moffat admitted having to ask Colin Bond in #2 to hold back at the end.
This was because the #1 car was starting to develop engine problems.
You have to admire Moffat getting hold of factory Porsche driver Ickx for the event.

· Premium Member
338 Posts
I’ve Gone Falcon Nuts! Part Deux.

can’t get enough of these. CC Falcon GT-HO in superb purple.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

AutoArt Phase 3 Falcon XY
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

another Phase 3 Falcon XY
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

a CC Falcon XB
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

and is the postman secretly Santa Claus? Is it my birthday? The top model in my collection now, yes it is that one!
Biante (when quality was there due to my recent issues) Ford Falcon XE, “the morning after” car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

· Registered
223 Posts
Got this today.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

No one's ever posted a review of it on DX that I could find, so I took a bunch more pics and posted one here:

· Registered
342 Posts
2022 model of the year for me. Just got mine yesterday and very impressed. Apart from not being able to open a gas cap and for some reason the letter U on the trunk being smaller than the others, it's perfect
Awesome! I haven't opened mine up yet, I'm gonna do that and take pictures tomorow. Too bad about the gas cap not opening - the cover on mine was actually open when I took the car out of the box and the hinge is very loose.
I did have an issue recently with my Paudi Infiniti Q70L having a side mirror that wouldn't unfold, but chalked it up to a minor thing and dealt with it. But that was disappointing. I feel your frustration.

5121 - 5140 of 5213 Posts