DiecastXchange Forum banner
5141 - 5160 of 5213 Posts

· Registered
5,165 Posts
I'd always bypassed the Minichamps Brumos Porsche 917/10 that Hurley Haywood drove in the 1973 Can-Am mostly because I find the Brumos livery kind of boring, but it is a full-featured diecast of a Can-Am car, a category I always find hard to resist so I sniped this one NEW and relatively cheaply on eBay tonight while avoiding looking at my Giants getting their asses handed to them on TV (seller pic):

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
7,661 Posts
I'd always bypassed the Minichamps Brumos Porsche 917/10 that Hurley Haywood drove in the 1973 Can-Am mostly because I find the Brumos livery kind of boring, but it is a full-featured diecast of a Can-Am car, a category I always find hard to resist so I sniped this one NEW and relatively cheaply on eBay tonight.

I have the 1973 Kinnunen Interserie series winner, and it's an example of how good Minichamps could be.
What's more, I bought it at a decent discount at the time because I wanted a Porsche panzerwagen
I also bought three versions of the 917/20, and am also very pleased by these (and they can still be found with a bit of searching)..

· Registered
5,165 Posts
Nice add Red! I have this one as well, minus a side mirror :(
But my Eagles spanked your Giants which makes me feel better!
Thank you, Jon!

'Sall right, we weren't even supposed to reach .500 this season so making the playoffs (and WINNING a game!) was all gravy. We knew our offensive and defensive lines couldn't handle yours; just gave us a standard to work towards reaching!

Yes I agree, the opening Minichamps 917/10/20/30s are very nice. I have a few including the Brumos. I like the livery! The yellow Bosch car is my favourite though
I have the 1973 Kinnunen Interserie series winner, and it's an example of how good Minichamps could be.
What's more, I bought it at a decent discount at the time because I wanted a Porsche panzerwagen
I also bought three versions of the 917/20, and am also very pleased by these (and they can still be found with a bit of searching)..
Jimbo and slarti, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have the Follmer Porsche/Audi 917/10 and the Kinnunen AAW 917/10 as well as the Pink Pig. I remember holding the Follmer car as the peak of later-day Minichamps racing model quality until finding out to my shock that the Interserie version(s) feature the same mold and detail. Like I said above, I still wasn't jonesing for the Brumos version but this one was brand new and very cheap (so cheap that I needed to see the box in the photo to convince me it wasn't one of their sealed re-releases) so I had to make a last-second snipe (gotta keep the reflexes in shape! 😉).

5141 - 5160 of 5213 Posts