DiecastXchange Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
5,221 - 5,240 of 6,469 Posts
As the year is already 5 days old, figured I was way overdue an impulse buy:
All in all, a rather good start of the year I think.
I'm afraid "an impulse buy" became "spending spree". Rounding off January:

Went to an "old-fashioned" model car/train store, and saw this gem gathering dust. Took it home after some haggling, and now she's back to her former shining glory.
A Rolls is a Rolls - for a lifetime to come.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

1975 Rolls-Royce Camargue - BoS

Next, I've tried buying one 3 times now. First 2 attempts ended in an email saying it wasn't in stock after all, and this one came in with a missing door handle, missing rear fog light glass, broken off flagpole and super bad paint rash on the bonnett. But, after some back&forth with the seller, I got a refund ánd I could keep the model, so it's going to be a long-term project:
"History is the sum total of things that could have been avoided." - Konrad Adenauer
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

1955 Mercedes-Benz 300B state limousine from Konrad Adenauer - Norev Dealer

The next one is a bit younger but even more special. as my father bought a real-life Edsel Ranger as a project/summer day car, I figured I couldn't stay behind. The shade of green is different, but the interior is almost the same so that's a big plus. Went googling, and found this absolute gem.
NEW - NIFTY - THRIFTY:
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

1960 Edsel Ranger 2-door hardtop - BoS

And rounding off the month (though I came in yesterday because of a delivery delay, I ordered it in January so it stil counts.) Something that I've been looking at for a while now, as no self-proclaimed car enthusiast can be without a full-size pre war car, right? And what a full-size at that, one of the biggest non-custom cars I've seen, thanks to a sale at MCW it's a relative bargain as well:

Grab your gal and hit he floor:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

1936 Packard Super Eight coupe - CMF

Now, let's hope there are no further suprises after the Speilwarenmesse because I don't think my wallet can handle much more unplanned purchases :LOL:

Received this one last week:
AUTOart Aston Martin Vulcan in matt black with lime green stripes

Bought it directly from AUTOart. Fast delivery, but the lime green is more bright yellow and the front hood doesn't close perfectly. Left mirror was bent a bit.
Nonetheless a very nice livery. Once I spotted it on the website I knew I had to buy it. And did...
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Forgot to post this, which I got like a week ago lol:
Kyosho Samurai IMSA GT Nissan 300ZX 1994 Daytona winner
I'm still P.O.'d that Kyosho didn't rework one of their existing full-featured diecast street 300ZX's to make this Cunningham IMSA GTO version, but I still made sure to get mine too when it was released!

I'm still P.O.'d that Kyosho didn't rework one of their existing full-featured diecast street 300ZX's to make this Cunningham IMSA GTO version, but I still made sure to get mine too when it was released!
Lol unfortunately that would not be viable with the old Kyosho diecast, the race car is way wider and is a silhouette tube frame car. Think AUTOart DR30 road vs race.

Love Those!! I have this one, but never opened it yet since new in 2006.... Congrats on the add!!! 😊
Thanks…. VERY hard to find, and when they do show up they go for 600.00 USD and above !!! I also have 1 of 505 made limited edition Franklin Mint 1:24 2006 C6 Z06 in Victory Red 😁 I’ve got a whole collection of the C6 Z06 in every scale….. to include my 1:1 🤣

Vehicle Land vehicle Car Tire Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

Kamo GM China Buick Royaum aKa Holden Statesman
Supposed to be brand new, but I'm disappointed with its condition for the price I paid. It's old so I expected some rash, but rash on the pass door is severe and the front is bottomed out because it's missing front springs for some reason. Also a bunch of other issues.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive design

Added these over the last couple months.

2021 Spa 24 Hour winning Ferrari 488 GT3 form Iron Lynx made by Looksmart

2021 Corvette C8.R that ran at Sebring in the one-off Mobil 1 scheme made by TopSpeed. Glad I went with this instead of the boring yellow ones. Got it for a steal from Replicarz's inventory reduction sale!

2020 Porsche 911 RSR-19 24 Hours of Le Mans Hyperpole Winner made by Spark

1968 Mustang Trans-Am made by ACME

5,221 - 5,240 of 6,469 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.