DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you prefer/like/enjoy more to receive?
A low-end quality model of your very favourite real car.2068.97%
A high-end quality model of a real car which exactly not your cup of coffee. 931.03%

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course, the best combination is to receive high-end quality model of your very favourite real car but it is not always possible. But to answer my question, I enjoy more to receive a high-end quality model even if the real car is not exactly my cup of coffee.
For example, I prefer and enjoy more to receive 1970 Pontiac GTO model made by GMP (which is just on the way to me) even if the muscle cars are not what I will die for rather than to receive Porsche Carrera GT model made by Maisto even if real Carrera GT is, in my opinion, the best car in the world. And you know, I am Porsche fan...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A_V6,
for example, the wheels in Maisto Carrera GT are not from production car but from the concept version. But generally, the material used by Maisto and overall detail and functionality is low in all Maisto models even if they are very good as for their prices. For example, all Maisto models have functional suspension but the suspensions are not exact copies of real suspension as in the original real cars.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Since I try to always give preference to quality over quantity, I would pick the high end car if I could.

And about Maisto, in my humble opinion it has the best bang for the buck among the budget brands. No other brand offers such a huge line-up for such a price and reasonable quality.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Very interesting question lazard. Since you ask very specifically about "receiving" the car, I'll assume it is being given to me as a gift. My vote is for the high-end quality model. Here are my reasons:
  • - I like miniatures of many things, not just cars e.g. wooden sailing ships like (Spanish galleons, man-of-wars, clippers), aircraft, railroads, etc.
    - appreciate the artistry and craftmanship of building something miniature
    - love being challenged to discover little details the builder has incoporated into the model

G

·
Its not too hard to please me, Im happy with budgets. However here lately Ive been feeling kind of more demanding as a collector and only wanting AUTOart, Kyosho and other upperend models.

But Ill choose the 1st one, Its all about cars you like! :happy

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm pretty happy with budget models such as Maistos. I'd prefer a budget model of a car I really like to a premium model of a car I'm not so fond of.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I tend to always go for quality over quantity, but I would prefer an average quality model of my favourite car over an excellent model of a car I'm not that interested in.

G

·
CollectorX said:
But Ill choose the 1st one, Its all about cars you like! :happy
:iagree totally. If all there was were high quality model of cars I don't particularly care about in 1:1, I don't think I wouldn't even be in this hobby. Collecting replicas is an extension of my interest in the real thing. Fortunately there never seem to be a shortage of models I do like, high quality or low quality.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Ronan said:
I tend to always go for quality over quantity, but I would prefer an average quality model of my favourite car over an excellent model of a car I'm not that interested in.
Very well put.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I would rather have the budget model, of my favorite car.

Take for example, the SLR by Maisto. I'm extremely happy with mine and would never buy the CMC version.

If I can get a car I like in 1:18 scale, and it has a good price, with an OK amount of detail, I'm happy.

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
I would much rather get a model of one of my favorite cars, I dont care if it's not exactly high quality unless they really cross the line. Low quality sometimes means low prices, low prices usually means more gifts :happy

G

·
I'd go for the budget model of the car I really like, and I guess that makes me lucky since I like Ferraris, and budget models are the only things around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts