DiecastXchange Forum banner
121 - 140 of 170 Posts

· Premium Member
13,951 Posts
Crraig, for me it is not the money, but instead it is all about space.

I also love cars, any and all! If I bought what I liked, I would have thousands of models, haha.

I am sure there are plenty of models I wish I had picked up, but I can't think about it. I can't really remember most of them either.

· Registered
2,071 Posts
No buying regrets, but I did sell many too early. But I know that with hindsight which is a pointless thing anyway!

Autoart diecast DeLorean, Aventador Roadster Azzuro, CMC Ferrari Transporter are the ones that stand out the most! I even lost on the Roadster & Transporter!

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
No buying regrets, but I did sell many too early. But I know that with hindsight which is a pointless thing anyway!

Autoart diecast DeLorean, Aventador Roadster Azzuro, CMC Ferrari Transporter are the ones that stand out the most! I even lost on the Roadster & Transporter!
I guess it depends if you're in the hobby for the hobby or to flip them and make a profit ;)

· Registered
3,623 Posts
years ago, Ford showed a concept car called the 49, which if they made it I would have bought it (oddly though, I feel it's the car you need to wear a hat it; which I would have done!)

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/V12vK/s1/2001-ford-forty-nine-concept.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.motor1.com/news/302299/ford-forty-nine-concept-we-forgot/&h=1080&w=1920&tbnid=Hr5mGfdyMq-8eM:&q=FORD+49&tbnh=90&tbnw=160&usg=AI4_-kRXP7E1D-2Y3b_Wry9OXwyk3nBJfw&vet=1&docid=pnBkTUV1yZJP2M&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwii58nVpuPnAhVMZcAKHTjzBHkQ9QEwAXoECAMQBg

AutoArt made in 1:18, but I missed it. I think it was sealed though.

I also should have bought Kyosho's 308 GTS. Annoyed I missed that, too - for a decent price, anyway.

· Registered
2,789 Posts
years ago, Ford showed a concept car called the 49, which if they made it I would have bought it (oddly though, I feel it's the car you need to wear a hat it; which I would have done!)

https://www.google.c...Q9QEwAXoECAMQBg

AutoArt made in 1:18, but I missed it. I think it was sealed though.
Its got all opening parts according to what I've seen on photos. You can still find them on eBay, seller rmtoys has one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoart-1-18-Scale-72831-Ford-Forty-Nine-Concept-Black/401937605593

· Registered
5,179 Posts

· Registered
Insta: @TurnTableModels
118 Posts
AutoArt Lotus Esprit road going and submarine 007 versions. There was a time you could get them for 40/50,- but those days are gone.

AutoArt Mercedes-Benz 600 SWB. Back when it was new I thought it ridiculous to pay 140+ on a model car, especially as that was almost twice my monthly salary! If I could find one for that money now I'd go there in the middle of the night.

Cult Scale Aston Martin Lagonda. Every single time I think a car's gonna be a slow seller and wait for a discount it goes like hot cakes.

AutoArt Jaguar XK SS green. Like the Esprit, these were cheap for ages, and then suddenly gone. Seems anything AutoArt that's older than 3 years skyrockets these days...

· Super Moderator
5,861 Posts
My #1 regret is missing out on the AutoArt McLaren F1. But some more recent ones include the Minichamps Hispano Suiza Xenia, I watched one go on eBay for only $150, all the BINs are over $300 and to order it from the Mullin Museum (where the 1:1 is) is over $600. That's so much for a sealed model, but it would look so good next to my HS21-GTS

An eBay seller offered me the yellow Kyosho Lancia Delta Integrale for $200, it seemed like too much for it then, but I haven't seen it for any cheaper since then.

I've also watched some CMC 250 TR and Maserati 300S go for under $300, felt bad losing each time but I've just gotten the BBR 375 for around there.
Well, 2.5 years after this post, and I now have the Hispano Suiza and the 250 TR, and I was pretty lucky with the prices that I paid for them. But some other recent ones are:

CMC Bugatti Atlantic, Porsche 901, 250 SWB and California, Mercedes SLR Uhlenhaut
AutoArt Jaguar XJS, white NSX Type R, white 356 Cabriolet, white 997 GT3, Miura SV, Alfa Romeo Montreal
Cult Jaguar XK120, Alfa 2600 Touring Spider
Tecnomodel Bizzarrini 5300 GT
Minichamps Bentley Type R (50s) and Continental R (90s)

· Registered
3,920 Posts
Without a doubt the Tecnomodel Ferrari 275GTBC Speciale in yellow. This is a vehicle currently owned by Preston Henn.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Additionally the MR Alfa Romeo 8C Coupe and Spider and AutoArt Porscjhe 911 / 930 Turb variants all continue to allude me. I've had opportunities in the past and only have myself to blame.

Attachments

· Registered
3,853 Posts
I closed some gaps over the last years but there is still a list of "open issues" - many of them will most probably never be closed:

CMC 250 GTO #19 (Le Mans) and the CMC Jaguar C-Type Panamericana
Exoto XS Ferrari 246 (also the Alfetta 159 - had one bought and returned because of bad paint quality)
Ilario Delahye 175 Roadster Saoutchik open in light blue
Carlectables Holden EFIJY concept
Autoart Mercedes CLK GTR Le Mans and Porsche 930 green
Kyosho Lamborghini Miura

And many iconic Ferraris by Kyosho and HWE...

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Not today, but in life.

The Ferrari 365 P Berlinetta, the three seater car. Tecnomodel made 100 of them in White (as the real car is) in their Mythos range, plus some other 'fantasy' colours. It's not the most attractive car, or the most detailed, but it's a one off. You never see them for sale now.

The TSM Fujimi Ferrari F50 GT. The last one I saw for sale was pulled from auction as they must have had a good offer on it.

The BMA Ferarri P4/5 Competizione. I've seen a couple for sale, but they are very expensive, in the £800 -1000 region.

All of these were there one day, then basically gone the next. I think I was quite new to collecting or had a load of other models I wanted. I had the chance to buy all of them and didn't

· Registered
1,584 Posts
I regret that i did not by the Bandai Saturn 5,Apollo 11 and 13 rockets.
And also the Bandai NASA space shuttle Endeavour.
They are still available at ebay and Amazon but i am not going to pay the hysterical prices people are asking for them.

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
@ vulpex, the Holden Efijy Concept car was a holy grail of mine for many years. I'd hit ebay constantly with every spare minute I had in the hope I'd get one. The prices were nuts even when I was looking! The collectors club one (I think it just has a signature on the COA or something, I'm not sure) was selling for £700 all the time and the normal car for about £400

One day I found a seller in Australia with one, apparently all there and mint but missing one of the chrome Holden decals on one side of the hood. It was an auction listing with the buy it now price at around £130 plus fees through the Global Shipping Programme. All in it was around £200, so I bought it while every one else was thinking about it.

Here's an old pic of it when I got it,

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Cheers Dirk

Yeah, it has some slight paint rash on the roof. It's hard to notice though as it's metallic. I did give it a polish up when I got it, that helped a bit. I didn't want to go too mad with it in case I ruined it.

· Registered
927 Posts
The Holden is very nice Craig, the color looks amazing.

Personally i regret the missed opportunity to buy more Autoart Zonda R / Evo for the original price... an Exoto 917/30 Sunoco under 200 euros in a local shop.... all the sold out Spark GT40s, the Gulf Porsche transporter... and many others

To Simondc07 : my local shop had a yellow Tecnomodel 275GTBC in stock the last time i visited. If you want i can ask him if the model is still available. Let me know.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts