DiecastXchange Forum banner
141 - 160 of 170 Posts

· Registered
1,465 Posts
Not today, but in life.

The Ferrari 365 P Berlinetta, the three seater car. Tecnomodel made 100 of them in White (as the real car is) in their Mythos range, plus some other 'fantasy' colours. It's not the most attractive car, or the most detailed, but it's a one off. You never see them for sale now.

All of these were there one day, then basically gone the next. I think I was quite new to collecting or had a load of other models I wanted. I had the chance to buy all of them and didn't
Same here with that Tecnomodel Ferrari 365P Gianni Agnelli three seater. I wanted the white one and did not pull the trigger on time. Few days later it was gone and from that point never saw one on sale anywhere.

· Registered
3,920 Posts
Thanks Floper - sent you a PM

You have to get in quick on some of the Tecnomodels - the McLaren M6GT (orange), Ferrari 275GTBC Speciale just dissapear fast on me.

I jumped on the white 365P the moment it was announced and it is certainly worth it. Keep searching, try even the Italian ebay site too www.ebay.it - you never know.

· Super Moderator
5,861 Posts
I did some research when I got my blue Tecnomodel 365P. All of the colors that they made were accurate, at some point. Because there are actually two 1:1 365Ps - the white one, with no rear wing, is the one that the Agnelli family tours around the US. But there's actually a mysterious second one, with a chrome rear wing, and it has been repainted several times (blue, silver, red) Which is exactly how Tecnomodel made them.

http://www.ferrarich...280/256608.html

· Registered
2,290 Posts
You can usually tell which versions of Tecnomodel releases are going to sell fastest - if it's not immediately obvious, usually the version with "A" at the end of the model number is the most historically significant version.
I pre-order them if the version I want is the popular one because they make so few. I got *very* lucky finding the orange M6GT after release, and nearly missed the Jim Clark Lotus 40 when my initial pre-order fell through. That works both ways though, the Lotus Evora was surprisingly unpopular and ended up heavily discounted, even though no-one else had made a 1/18 Evora.

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
@ Mike, cheers mate, good to know that
I still hanker after a White one though!!

Not today, but in life.

The Ferrari 365 P Berlinetta, the three seater car. Tecnomodel made 100 of them in White (as the real car is) in their Mythos range, plus some other 'fantasy' colours. It's not the most attractive car, or the most detailed, but it's a one off. You never see them for sale now.

The TSM Fujimi Ferrari F50 GT. The last one I saw for sale was pulled from auction as they must have had a good offer on it.

The BMA Ferarri P4/5 Competizione. I've seen a couple for sale, but they are very expensive, in the £800 -1000 region.

All of these were there one day, then basically gone the next. I think I was quite new to collecting or had a load of other models I wanted. I had the chance to buy all of them and didn't
So, since I wrote this some three weeks ago a couple of them have appeared on ebay,

Several 365 P Berlinetta's have shown up, none in White though. A few Silver ones and a couple of others. I was out bid the other day on a Silver car, so I'll bid on one of the others.

A TSM Fujimi Ferrari F50 GT sold on auction last night... for €704.00
I want one, but not at that price!!

· Registered
1,465 Posts
Not today, but in life.

The TSM Fujimi Ferrari F50 GT. The last one I saw for sale was pulled from auction as they must have had a good offer on it.

The BMA Ferarri P4/5 Competizione. I've seen a couple for sale, but they are very expensive, in the £800 -1000 region.

So, since I wrote this some three weeks ago a couple of them have appeared on ebay,

Several 365 P Berlinetta's have shown up, none in White though. A few Silver ones and a couple of others. I was out bid the other day on a Silver car, so I'll bid on one of the others.

A TSM Fujimi Ferrari F50 GT sold on auction last night... for €704.00
I want one, but not at that price!!
[/quote]

Hey Craig, looks like I bid one of these silver 365P against you. Happy I am finally getting one and I am sure you will eventually find a white one. Cheers!

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Which Silver one did you buy ? The one that finished yesterday ? Or the one over the weekend ?

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
Cool, I bid on both too. It's only a Blue one and a Red one left now.

· Registered
1,962 Posts
AutoArt Lotus Esprit road going and submarine 007 versions. There was a time you could get them for 40/50,- but those days are gone.

AutoArt Mercedes-Benz 600 SWB. Back when it was new I thought it ridiculous to pay 140+ on a model car, especially as that was almost twice my monthly salary! If I could find one for that money now I'd go there in the middle of the night.

Cult Scale Aston Martin Lagonda. Every single time I think a car's gonna be a slow seller and wait for a discount it goes like hot cakes.

AutoArt Jaguar XK SS green. Like the Esprit, these were cheap for ages, and then suddenly gone. Seems anything AutoArt that's older than 3 years skyrockets these days...
How I remember that! Back in that day (read 2011) for spring break I bought me PS 2 for $150. I didn't play it much, almost never! Some 8-9 months latter I decided to take a bite and buy SWB for 140. It is a lots of money! Brutal money at the time, but OK. I went to find it, and by accident I found LWB for $186 (yes I still remember the price), I contacted the store to check if they have it on stock, and they did so I got it. Last LWB in North America! Some 6 months latter people start grabbing all SWB's (literally over the weekend all got sold out) so pulled the plug and got my. Circa $200. . . Both models I got at the very last moment!

· Registered
412 Posts
AutoArt Lotus Esprit road going and submarine 007 versions. There was a time you could get them for 40/50,- but those days are gone.

AutoArt Mercedes-Benz 600 SWB. Back when it was new I thought it ridiculous to pay 140+ on a model car, especially as that was almost twice my monthly salary! If I could find one for that money now I'd go there in the middle of the night.

Cult Scale Aston Martin Lagonda. Every single time I think a car's gonna be a slow seller and wait for a discount it goes like hot cakes.

AutoArt Jaguar XK SS green. Like the Esprit, these were cheap for ages, and then suddenly gone. Seems anything AutoArt that's older than 3 years skyrockets these days...
These are also some of my biggest regrets, as the Mercedes 600 SWB was one of the first vintage cars that I appreciated. Some additional ones that I missed out on during a number of years when I was out of the hobby include:
- 1998 BMW 750iL (E38) in dark blue - Otto
- 2006 Mercedes S63 AMG (W221) in black - AutoArt
- 2006 Mercedes ML 350 (W164) in silver - Minichamps, very similar spec to my first car
- 2009 Bentley Continental Supersports - FX/Welly, the premium version with white exterior & red interior. I can't find them anymore even on eBay.
- 2011 Mercedes C63 Black Series (W204) in white - GT Spirit

· Registered
1,463 Posts
A bunch of Viper green and Brown Porsche 930's when they were reduced in price to under $130.
I bought my Espada when they were on blowout for $85, should of gotten a few more of those too. Wow those went from zero to hero. And the CMC 250 TR when they were very reasonable new.

· Registered
223 Posts
Only having started collecting since Oct, I missed out on a lot of models I would really like to have today.

Really wish I'd picked up one of these GT Autos VW Phaetons when they were only $65usd brand new.
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive mirror

I really want a Kyosho black BMW 760Li E66 Individual. Pretty sure they didn't cost this much when new. I don't think I want one that bad.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Been searching high and low for a black full-opening W126. I think Norev is the only one. At this price though, I'll be searching a long time.
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Number

I regret not starting this hobby a lot sooner!

· Registered
2,789 Posts
1) Really wish I'd picked up one of these GT Autos VW Phaetons when they were only $65usd brand new.

2) Been searching high and low for a black full-opening W126. I think Norev is the only one. At this price though, I'll be searching a long time.
1) IMO you are not missing much on the GT Autos Phaeton. These are a bit crude with many misaligned/misfitting parts, and poor level of finish. You'd be better off with the series 1 Phaeton made by AutoArt, these can still be found at somewhat affordable prices.

2) The price on that W126 is totally insane. Is that from a seller named "bpowerful4sure"? All his listing are stupid high priced, I would never buy anything of him if I lived in the US.
If you could compromise and get either the dark blue or the dark green, these can still be had in the $100 to $200 bracket.

· Registered
223 Posts
1) IMO you are not missing much on the GT Autos Phaeton. These are a bit crude with many misaligned/misfitting parts, and poor level of finish. You'd be better off with the series 1 Phaeton made by AutoArt, these can still be found at somewhat affordable prices.

2) The price on that W126 is totally insane. Is that from a seller named "bpowerful4sure"? All his listing are stupid high priced, I would never buy anything of him if I lived in the US.
If you could compromise and get either the dark blue or the dark green, these can still be had in the $100 to $200 bracket.
1. The GT Autos Phaeton is LWB. The Kyoto and AUTOart are SWB. I think the additional length makes the car look more slender/sleeker with more presence in both 1:1 and 1:18 (in the US, most 1:1s sold were LWB). I know it's not perfect, but I'm really liking what I see in @Alex SZ1996 's photo post. His pics make me feel pretty strong on my preference for LWB.

2. The W126 is indeed being sold by bpowerful4sure. I wonder if he ever gets lucky and finds that one desperate buyer? Unfortunately for him, I'm not that desperate. There's a dark blue used one for $145 shipped from Japan, but I really do prefer black as I'm shooting for a black theme. In this case, I might prefer a sealed black iScale for $111 over full opening dark blue.

Although if I'm going to go sealed, the Otto OT297 is actually my favorite, looks-wise.
Rectangle Font Number Circle Parallel

Yikes.

· Registered
369 Posts
I did some research when I got my blue Tecnomodel 365P. All of the colors that they made were accurate, at some point. Because there are actually two 1:1 365Ps - the white one, with no rear wing, is the one that the Agnelli family tours around the US. But there's actually a mysterious second one, with a chrome rear wing, and it has been repainted several times (blue, silver, red) Which is exactly how Tecnomodel made them.

http://www.ferrarich...280/256608.html

The white one was in the Simeone Museum in Philly the last time I was there. It was quite a while ago tho so I’m not sure if its one of the permanent displays or was passing though. It is a cool car in person.

· Administrator
35,239 Posts
1. The GT Autos Phaeton is LWB. The Kyoto and AUTOart are SWB. I think the additional length makes the car look more slender/sleeker with more presence in both 1:1 and 1:18 (in the US, most 1:1s sold were LWB). I know it's not perfect, but I'm really liking what I see in @Alex SZ1996 's photo post. His pics make me feel pretty strong on my preference for LWB.

2. The W126 is indeed being sold by bpowerful4sure. I wonder if he ever gets lucky and finds that one desperate buyer? Unfortunately for him, I'm not that desperate. There's a dark blue used one for $145 shipped from Japan, but I really do prefer black as I'm shooting for a black theme. In this case, I might prefer a sealed black iScale for $111 over full opening dark blue.

Although if I'm going to go sealed, the Otto OT297 is actually my favorite, looks-wise.
View attachment 284650
Yikes.
Just wait it out and see if any auctions or cheaper buy it now prices come along :)

Reactions: GnatGoSplat

· Registered
5,165 Posts
Wow - I just went through this entire thread from the beginning and it was an eye-opener, including my own post. I like to think my perspective at the time was a healthy one, being happy about the Holy Grails I had acquired and not sweating (too much) those I had missed. I showed more regret about those I sold and reacquired at exorbitant mark-ups - LOL!

Amyway, some of my regretted misses are:

Exoto Ferrari Sharknoses (there were times they were available well under the original list price of $598.95 - one of which times I grabbed one. I wanted one or two more but shouldn't be greedy!)
Exoto Alfa Romeo 159M (never in my wildest dreams did I think they would become the diecast equivalent of "unobtanium"!)
Exoto Williams FW14B (wasn't feeling them originally but by the time I was, I couldn't see paying the current prices for a model of a modern F1 car)
CMC Uhlenhaut (blue interior w/external muffler; I never made a serious effort to get one and now it will never happen; new versions leave me cold, and at those prices, that's a no-go)
Kyosho upgraded #19 Ferrari 250 GTO (would've loved the CMC but was too focused on the Kyosho before the CMC morphed into "unobtanium" class)
GMP 412P (the White Elephant variants, the Targa Florio version)
Minichamps Lew Hamilton Mercedes 2016-19 (priced to the extreme very quickly, nearly ending my goal of collecting a car for every year of his career)
Spark Ford GT40 (1965 Daytona 2000-K winner; at the time, I couldn't be bothered with resins but now this too is in the "unobtanium" category)
Andy Warhol BMW Art Car (this is a late addition so have no idea if I could have added it cheap, but since I did my other Art Cars, this would likely have been too, once upon a time...)
Tecnomodel McLaren M6A (I have the Donohue M6B but the factory McLaren was always the Holy Grail, and since no one else seems interested in releasing it...)
Tecnomodel Ford P68 (race versions only; was still baulking at the prices but belatedly appreciated this rare bird)

141 - 160 of 170 Posts