DiecastXchange Forum banner
161 - 170 of 170 Posts

· Registered
7,661 Posts
Tecnomodel Ford P68 (race versions only; was still baulking at the prices but belatedly appreciated this rare bird).

I was also originally hesitant to pay the price these were going for, but grabbed the Brands and Spa versions with discounts.
Not huge discounts, but it occurred to me there is unlikely to be any other manufacturer to produce any - particularly in a more desirable material.
Also grabbed two Works C100 with better discounts, even if the car was as unsuccessful as the P68.
Curious why Tecnomodel didn't go with a Zakspeed modified Jagermeister C100, this did result in a number of DRM race wins.....

· Super Moderator
5,861 Posts
There was an Autoart McLaren F1 LM in the DX Classifieds a few months ago for $350, more than msrp obviously, but I would jump on it now. But then again, that was around the same time that I finally found another holy grail for much cheaper, the white Autoart 1992 NSX Type R, which I had long given up on. So it might have been one or the other.

I'll keep regretting not replacing my old UT F1 with the Autoart until if LCD finally releases theirs. But apparently it's been over a year since there was any update on that 🤷‍♂️

I could list dozens of models, I've been collecting for over 16 years, and most of that was on a way tighter budget than more recently. 3 more that really stand out: Autoart Miura, Countach LP400, and Countach 25th Anniversary. They were all in my shopping cart on DMW at one point 🤦‍♂️

· Registered
301 Posts
Left turn from most here.

The Ertl FnF collection were all $25 new, likely less when they were blowing them out. The most common Supra and Eclipse you might be able to scoop in the sub-$100 range. I spent nearly $1,100 to finish out my collection of the ones I was missing (although I was missing 9 of 11). I could have saved $860.

But, having the complete set has value for me.

The FOMO from that has me purchasing cars I might not have otherwise, though.

· Registered
223 Posts
I regret not bidding higher on this one. I had a max of $131-something (+shipping & tax would have been about $162 total).
Hood Output device Font Automotive design Bumper

3 sold recently for $410.64 buy it now. I guess I was too hung up on the fact it's a sealed resin with ugly silver-painted chrome trim and I couldn't see paying more than I'd pay for a nice, fully-opening diecast with realistic chrome trim. I should have focused more on the subject matter. I love these old 4-door boats with the excessively long hood and trunk, and feel like I might have squandered my only chance to get one. Partly also wanted it because it makes me think of my dad's first car he got when he immigrated to the US, an early 70s black Buick Electra sedan.

· Registered
96 Posts
Probably half of Autoart's and Exoto's back-catalog, several CMCs and a fair share of Kyoshos. And some Minichamps' Bentleys :D Exotos and CMSs seemed unobtainable to me in late 2000s. But then again, I was a high schooler on my parent's life support, so I couldn't even imagine spending upwards of 100 USD for a model.- Little did I know.

On a more serious note, I regret opting for a Lightweight Kyosho F40 instead of the vanilla one and skimping on Kyosho's true M3 CSL and getting a CSL silver M3 ZHP with CSL wheels. I used to dig the black speedlines and liked the 'not-your-standard-F40' factor, but over the years the model's been mostly annoying me ;D M3 to a much lesser extent, but still.

· Registered
475 Posts
Prepare your left or right kidney for sale - ridiculous prices for those at the moment, around AU$1,000. There is also the STP sponsored one that one guy near me bought at least 15 of from various local retailers (presumably on pre-order, total production run of 400) and then sold them for double retail price a few weeks later, making an easy couple of thousand profit.

· Premium Member
338 Posts
Prepare your left or right kidney for sale - ridiculous prices for those at the moment, around AU$1,000. There is also the STP sponsored one that one guy near me bought at least 15 of from various local retailers (presumably on pre-order, total production run of 400) and then sold them for double retail price a few weeks later, making an easy couple of thousand profit.
I was able to get that STP from one of the FB forums for a reasonable price. I am also looking for the John Sands, but it is proving to be elusive at a reasonable price. No doubt for that same 400 unit production run.

· Registered
475 Posts
I was able to get that STP from one of the FB forums for a reasonable price. I am also looking for the John Sands, but it is proving to be elusive at a reasonable price. No doubt for that same 400 unit production run.
Well done on the STP, it looks great. Yes I think they did 3 x 400 runs at the same time so the factory would allow it (I think it was John Sands, STP and one of the Marlboro cars) - they won't do an individual run of 400 but will do 1200 even if the liveries are different - it looks like the same goes for the latest Camaro releases.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts