DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people I am stuck for Ideas as to what engine I can put in this Mustang

The model is a Solido and doesnt have a lot of room in the engine bay as you can see from the pic below

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any chance of a pic of the 428 FordGT?

Im not sure which engine you are talking about

·
Registered
923 Posts
One of the small block V8s from ERTL's 1/18 Muscle Cars should fit into that space easily. The engines from a lot of Yat Ming's models should be able to fit as well. You might struggle with anything larger but the V10 from Bburago's Dodge Viper or the V12 from Hot Wheels' TVR Speed 12 might just be able to fit as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys i will try some of these models out for size and let yaas all know what I use

I will be buying it this week so I willn post here again sometime soon I hope

The car is coing to need a respray as well now as the car is going in a model show in 6 months time so it will look fresh and a little different to the normal mustang

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
road warrior said:
RichardM said:
Or how 'bout this :lol

Picture from Ronan's website.
:lol :lol but then it wont go up hills!

Ben, go for a modern mustang engine
Are there hills down under? An Aussie once told me it was like Sasketchewan (very flat western Canadian province). You could watch your dog run away for three days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RichardM said:
road warrior said:
RichardM said:
Or how 'bout this :lol

Picture from Ronan's website.
:lol :lol but then it wont go up hills!

Ben, go for a modern mustang engine
Are there hills down under? An Aussie once told me it was like Sasketchewan (very flat western Canadian province). You could watch your dog run away for three days.
yes, there's hills.

and who would want a 1cyl mustang???? don't some lawnmowers have more? :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are three different engines that might end up in it

The factor will bewhich one fits the best

The model donors are

1 Maisto Ford Mustang

2 Ford T bucket hot rod

3 Ford Farlaine 6 cyl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:danbanna I would suggest the Maisto Mustang Mach III concept car engine, brakes, wheels and tires; it has unique looking supercharger on the engine. Or the Maisto Mustang Cobra R engine, wheels and tires. If the supercharger dosnt fit under the hood, then use the Maisto 1999 :fight Mustang GT, engine, wheels, tires etc. I would definitely use a late model powertrain. However, if you want to keep it period correct, ( or as I sometimes do, keep an older V8, but paint the cylinder head and intake manifold to simulate aluminum parts) then Ertl drivetrains offer the best bang for the buck for detail. There are a couple of bigblock Ertl drag race models (Tasca Ford, etc) and GT500, and Boss 429 models out there. Check out the website at please support DX Advertisers!. I can email you photos tonight of some of my build ups to use as "food for thought" if you like. Good luck!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks I would love to see some pics of this car mate and also maybe I can adapt the undercarraige to fit my model and use the interior as well!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.