DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen DUB models and the word "Dubbed" but I am totally unfamiliar with what it means. Excuse my ignorance, but would someone please be kind enough to explain these terms? I have an idea that it might have something to do with oversize wheels by that name but I am just guessing. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Like you thought, I believe the term "Dubbed" refers to the use of the rediculously over sized wheel/tires and may or may not include a earth moving sound sytem and other "Bling".

I am probably the last person to ask about this stuff, though! :giggle

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Some Dubbed cars don't look too bad. I don't mind some big chrome rimes, I just can't stand TVs in the trunk, hydraulics, or absurd modifications.

G

·
DUB represents 20" wheels on car, commonly referred to as "twenties".

Whips refers to a "tight" ride.

Tight sure has a different meaning these days.

I got this bit of information from my son, scary isn't it. :scared

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
G

·
Dub in some areas of the country was an acronym for the sound of pronuciating the alphabet "W"; as in calling a Volkswagen (VW) a "Vee Dub". W was also an abbreviation for Wheel. It also originally ment a "20 wheel, before the wheels routinely became larger and larger.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THANKS EVERYONE. Now I know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.