DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having been looking for exoto over ebay and came up on some exoto models that cames in a different, bburago(with platic openings) like box called "autobox", one of them being a white Porsche 959. ca some one explain what is this autobox division and how is the quality and price compares to other normal exotos?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mumixpd,

I think you mean Motorbox. Anyways, this is the 'budget' division of Exoto, but considering the prices of the regular Exoto models these sell (or used to sell) for around the same price as regular Autoart and Kyosho models.

I have the blue Porsche 959 by them, and think the model is of great quality and its a very nice looking example. They are getting harder to find as some of the colours (or most of them by now) are not in production and hence expect to pay a pretty penny for some of the older versions.

They also make a few versions of vintage Corvette as well which is also of good quality :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you guys are right, it is motorbox, however i wonder how are they compare to the AUTOart's and kyoshos?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, you can't really compare them with newer AUTOart's, but maybe with older ones

Motorbox are like an upmarket revell, they do have a fair bit of detialing but not everytyhing is , my Vette has a scarcely detialed engine, but what is there is done decently, and carpeting is textured plastic, on the other hand, the paint , chrome is done nicely and the seats have a soft feel to them

if you wanna get a motorbox, look for one that is priced well, I got mine for about $30 US

1 - 9 of 9 Posts